WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just received my DS, and all I can say is that it is NOTHING like in the pictures in a good and a disappointing way.

First of all I was expecting a VERY rough and crude texture almost grainy. Wrong. It is very smooth.

Secondly I expected the scratches to be very pronounced. Wrong.They are VERY fine and very close together. Almost indistinguishable to the naked eye.

The closest thing I can describe it to is that is like a silvery sunburst dial, except the "rays' don't emanate from the center of the dial, they go from botton to top.

It is a very sophisticated look and if they designed a U1 that could be worn with a suit, this would be it.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Very interesting, not what I expected either. Thanks for the update and photo.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, and if you wear it outside on a sunny day you better wear your shades because when the sun reflects off of it at certain angles it will temporarily blind you.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Are you happy with your new U1? Sounds like you have some mixed feelings about it. It does help to see real pics of it vs Sinn's marketing shots.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A great looking watch. How does it wear?
I have a U1 SDR and it is just like having a totally different watch. And this is a different watch inside than it is outdoors. But I dont know if it is just the honeymoon phase but the 3 colors at work along with the dial has to be seen to really appreciate....especially when you look at it on your wrist from the 6 o'clock position it just looks totally badass. Total Tool vibe but so understated and tough as hell at the same time.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you happy with your new U1? Sounds like you have some mixed feelings about it. It does help to see real pics of it vs Sinn's marketing shots.
Disappointed may have been the wrong word. I had myself built up for a more granular look so when I first saw i was a little surprised, but now that I have had time to check it out I am totally digging what Sinn was going for. Looking at it now I am still catching different looks that it gives off after wearing it around for 3 or four hours.

I look forward to hear other peoples opinions when they get theirs.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Looks sort of like meteorite. I like it.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Some outdoor pictures in the sunlight would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Congrats on your new watch!
To be honest, this pc looks quite different from what I have seen in the release pics and videos.

Would be really interested to see daylight pics and especially those in bright light to see what you described.

Give us your update on wearing it after a few days. Curious to know how the Sellita keeps time.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Congrats on your new watch!
To be honest, this pc looks quite different from what I have seen in the release pics and videos.

Would be really interested to see daylight pics and especially those in bright light to see what you described.

Give us your update on wearing it after a few days. Curious to know how the Sellita keeps time.
Here are some quick sun shots outside.

It's funny, but because the camera magnifies the images the scratches are MUCH more visible and pronounced in the pics than in real life. I am not kidding when I tell you they are almost indistinguishable to the naked eye....looks very similar to a sun burst dial but better.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks! Indeed, the dial look svery bright.
Not what I expected.

I ordered mine yesterday. To be honest I/m a bit worried now. Not the look I expected.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When you need a watch to survive an Elecro Magnetic Pulse attack or a small Thermo nuclear blast even though you won’t... this is the watch you want to be wearing. Or at least it gives that vibe.

·
Premium Member
7,986 Posts
Congrats on your U1 DS. Your pics of the U1 DS are much better than the renderings of it. Thanks for your initial impressions and enjoy your new Sinn.

·
Registered
260 Posts
More photos please. Haha
A video would be great too. I want one but not sure if I should pay the premium that they are vs the others.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 61 Posts