WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Oh gawd that was watch was uglier than Sinn! I suppose the the hands do conjure the U1, but that's about all- thankfully!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it isn't hommage at all but you really shouldn't be bashing someone's sale post because you don't like the watch.
I'm sorry that you interpreted my post as a bash I was simply intrigued and hadn't seen anything prior that looked remotely similar to the U1. Came across that one and noticed it did, in fact had I the money I might have even picked it up. I look at the sales forums all the time, it's kind of my introduction to what all is out there, also purchase from time to time. I also don't think of "homage" as a dirty word at all, almost all watches are homages of some sort.

·
Banned
2,637 Posts
well then take down the link a go to the Christopher Ward forum and post one of their pics.

if you posted my for sale link and stated the same thing then I would take it razzing my post. and the reason for this is allot of people on watch forums think of the hommage word in a negative light. because most hommage's around lately have been almost direct copies of the OG.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Looks is subjective. There's a Hyundai sedan that looks very much like a Mercedes... does it drive like one? Certainly not.[/QUOTE

The Hyundai is much uglier. I think (very subjective) this one is better looking.
Tech wise - not many watches can beat a Sinn.

·
Banned
2,637 Posts
But some the Hyundai actually look pretty good. As a previous U1 owner I don't think of it as a good looking watch no matter what the specs are on it.
Looks is subjective. There's a Hyundai sedan that looks very much like a Mercedes... does it drive like one? Certainly not.[/QUOTE

The Hyundai is much uglier. I think (very subjective) this one is better looking.
Tech wise - not many watches can beat a Sinn.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.