WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Divers (both water & desk alike) ::-!

Would you mind sharing thoughts on the subject two watches? I do find the Enzo aesthetically appealing; and, from a spec perspective, the Enzo also appears to be a nice watch.

I do own a U1 and am trying to decide if I should buy an Enzo to complement it or replace it. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Ken

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Hi Ken, I dont own the EM001 but want to, but I own the U1B-) and would not sell it , find another way to raise the cash, and have to sought after beautiful watches.
Victor Boyd, Mr2Blue and Shane Delaurian are the EM001 expert owners.
Regards
Robert

Fellow Divers (both water & desk alike) ::-!

Would you mind sharing thoughts on the subject two watches? I do find the Enzo aesthetically appealing; and, from a spec perspective, the Enzo also appears to be a nice watch.

I do own a U1 and am trying to decide if I should buy an Enzo to complement it or replace it. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Ken

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I own a U1 and 2 Enzo EM001's (Prototypes). They are both very nice brands. I happen to Like the look of the Enzo's better and they are a bit heavier than the U1, but then again the U1 has the SUB steel and has a look of it's own. I doubt that I will ever sell any of these watches. If I were you and you can afford it, keep the U1 and get the Enzo.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Guys -- thanks for the quick response. And, you are not "helping" as I'm trying to limit the number of watches in my collection, not expand it.:think: "I DON'T NEED ANOTHER WATCH..." :O)

Any more information on the Enzo watch? I did do the "search" on this forum. Besides the tank-like built and subjectively nice looks, anything else?

btw...mr2blue -- I think both your bezel-less look and the regular SS with bezel look nice. The bezel-less look is definitely unique.

Thanks,

Ken

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Guys -- thanks for the quick response. And, you are not "helping" as I'm trying to limit the number of watches in my collection, not expand it.:think: "I DON'T NEED ANOTHER WATCH..." :O)

Any more information on the Enzo watch? I did do the "search" on this forum. Besides the tank-like built and subjectively nice looks, anything else?

btw...mr2blue -- I think both your bezel-less look and the regular SS with bezel look nice. The bezel-less look is definitely unique.

Thanks,

Ken
The one thing I can tell you about the Enzo's is that pictures do not do the watch justice. The crystal is like 7mm thick and gives the dial a surreal look. It is amazing.

·
Banned
298 Posts
I recently traded my EM001 pvd for the U1. For me , that says it all. I enjoyed the heft and uniqueness of the EM, but I actually didn't like the crystal - as noted above, it is very thick and while I'm sure a necessity (maybe?) for such a deep rated watch, it gave it a costume watch look, such as found in mall watch stands. To answer your question, get the EM - can you have enough watches?:)

·
Registered
649 Posts
The U1 is almost certain to retain better resale value than the Enzo, given the relative strengths of the two brands.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
FWIW, the folks at ocean 7 should be releasing a watch with the same case/ bracelet in a few months (lm-5 or 6). May be their pricepoint of ~$400 will make the "enzo-shaumburg" watch worth trying as well, at least for me.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
FWIW, the folks at ocean 7 should be releasing a watch with the same case/ bracelet in a few months. I am excited about the LM-1, and may be their pricepoint of ~$400 will make the "enzo-shaumburg" watch worth trying as well.
The LM-1 pricepoint is not $400. I believe the production models will be $699, and I do not think the cae is the same either, but I could be wrong. Still cheaper than an Enzo

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Everyone,

Thanks for all the inputs and perspectives. Both Enzo and Ocean 7 appear to produce nice looking watches, which I will further investigate. My Sinn U1 is definitely unique and is a well built watch. To control my watching-buying urge :-D, I just want to limit the number of watches in my modest collection.

My collection includes 2 Panerais, 1 Zenith, 1, Sinn , 1 Seiko, and 1 Bucherer. I think one more diver is in the near future. For now, Enzo and Ocean 7 LM2 are on the top of my list.

Ken

1 - 12 of 12 Posts