WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all, I recently purchased myself a Sinn U1000S from a dealer on Chrono24 as a holiday present for myself.

I received it yesterday, and I believe the chronograph is working improperly. When I activate the chronograph, the minute totalizer hand immediately jumps to 1, instead of remaining at 0 until 1 minute elapses. This happens around half of the time that I use the chronograph.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is this a known property of the movement?

Please take a look at the included video.

Thanks!

·
Registered
701 Posts
It's not supposed to do that. The movement is based off the valjoux 7750 so once you hit 60 seconds, you'll get a clean snap to that first minute marker on your sub dial. Not immediately though. Mine doesn't do that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have contacted the seller, who is located in Germany. They suggested that a local watchmaker would be able to fix the movement.

This is going to take a while to explain why that's not an option.

Quite frankly I'm very disappointed that the seller couldn't bother to verify the chronograph functions or familiarize themselves with the technology in the watch.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Sounds like its got to go back to Sinn unless your not worried about the Ar gas, anyway the dealer
Should pay for the work

·
Registered
185 Posts
In my opinion the seller's response is totally unacceptable. I would demand a full refund then look for the watch elsewhere unless he agreed to cover the cost of Sinn factory repair. Where does Chrono24 stand in all this?

·
Registered
185 Posts
On the occasions when the totalizer hand jumps to 1 as soon as the chrono is activated, does it then keep proper count? In other words when the second hand passes 12 does the totalizer hand remain on 1 until the second pass or does it jump to 2?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When the totalizer jumps to 1 it remains there for the first minute of chronograph operation, then jumps to 2 as the second hand passes 12, and so on each subsequent minute.

The seller instructed me to get a quote from a center that can perform the repair, so I got one from RGM and send it to them. Now they want me to send it back to Germany because they say they can fix it under their 1 year warranty. Unless they provide documentation that they are sending it to Sinn, I'm not biting on that either.

Chrono24 has as of yet not responded to my requests for them to instruct the seller to pay for a repair which will bring the watch to factory spec as described in the listing for the product I purchased, including Argon gas filling.

·
Registered
592 Posts
@Starterstyle

Just to confirm how chrono function on Sinn U1000 should work :)

Do you have any new solutions to your problem?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Double post - please delete!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.