WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did you think about the new Sinn U2 W Limited Edition released today 7/8/2020 by Watchbuys in the US?

It's a thick boy at 15.5mm... this release didn't hit the spot for me but I bet many people liked it a lot.

·
Registered
609 Posts
For $3300 it’s definitely not a barghaaaain. This had to be another great idea from watchbuys. Even if I had $3K to blow, it would go towards a Rolex, Omega or JLC not a over-priced Sinn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, pardon any spelling errors.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The U2 W is “only” 19% ($500) more than similarly configured U1s. That price doesn’t seem out of line to me for an LE. You’ve gotta pay something for exclusivity, right?

That said, the design definitely isn’t for me. The white/black design is pretty stark for something with such massive wrist presence. Also, I’m a bit bothered by the lack of movement details. I’d expect more transparency to justify the cost upgrade. Has anyone seen what’s powering this?

·
Registered
101 Posts
150 pieces is limited enough that it actually feels limited. Always felt wrong seeing 1/7000 or something. With that being said, I'm going to pass on this, its would be too big for me.

·
Registered
275 Posts
What's the little dot at the 6 o'clock? A lume pip?
Copper sulfate capsule, which combined with an inert gas fill serves to permanently absorb/trap any moisture ingress during regular setting and use.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I love the overall design, but as others have said the stark contrast is a bit much. This may have been great with the blue dial.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The more I think about the U2 limited, I just cannot help but think of an black Oreo cookie that has just been opened up so that you can eat the filling.... I think we all here, from this point on, should call it the U2 "OREO". I have been giving it some time to see if the looks of the watch grows on me.

I do recall my first reaction to the Porsche 911 when it first came out. I thought it looked rather odd for quite a few years. Then Porsche began to bulge it out and tail it up and widen the ass end of the sports car with various flairs and wheel opening accents... I began to like the looks...

The U2 OREO could be like that... I will have to give it some time I suppose...

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
It's so..., how to say,.... black and white without any subtle touches.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I missed out on the U1W and have been diligently looking for an excellent example or new. This U2W is actually better esthetically and is tegimented. 50 pieces left from US. US Sinn is limited to 100(1-100) and Japan Sinn is limited to 50(101-150).

This is my current Sinn collection minus the Dark Star. This U2W will replace the Dark Star in this picture. :love:

·
Registered
537 Posts
I honestly have to say that this release isn't doing it for me... plenty of you guys won't mind that it's crazy thick, but in my mind, the thickness is inexcusable for a standard watch without extra complications. The design is also a bit stark.... but really it's the thickness (and the price) that make this a no go for me personally.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I just got another email from watchbuys. Looks like there are plenty of serial numbers left for reservation. I wonder if they’ll have a hard time selling this one.

Doesn’t do it for me, personally, although I adore my UX and past U1SE. I think the color really works and between the U models I’ve handled, it takes the best aspects of both and makes them even more special.

But as a watch I’d actually wear regularly- meh. It’s too big for daily and too expensive to warrant only occasional wrist time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
I honestly have to say that this release isn't doing it for me... plenty of you guys won't mind that it's crazy thick, but in my mind, the thickness is inexcusable for a standard watch without extra complications. The design is also a bit stark.... but really it's the thickness (and the price) that make this a no go for me personally.
It is a Black Tegimented U2, the price and size are in line for the model. This is no "standard" watch.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
The case construction is what allows the U2 to have such incredible water resistance. That doesn’t change just because a different movement is used.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts