WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
6,961 Posts
Sinn nailed it with this one.

Countless times I’ve read about people loving the U1 but was just too large or too heavy for them. Sinn has finally taking care of that problem with the new U50.

While the U1- 44mm x 14.7mm and 113 grams (head only) 22mm lugs. It is a large watch. It’s a great fit on 7”+ wrist. SW200 movement

Here’s where the U50 shines

U50- 41mm x 11.15mm x 47.6mm L2L and 74 grams (head only).
Plus upgraded/thinner SW300 movement.

Unfortunately it’s a little more expensive do to new tooling, parts and movement.

I can see a U50S joining my humble Sinn collection in the near future

It’s cool that Sinn is releasing 3 versions this year! Standard, SDR & S.

U50 vs U1

I’m really looking forward to this one

At 11.15mm thin and 74grams, this will disappear on the wrist.

It’s going to be a strap monster

Who else is excited for the new U50 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
This one immediately went on the "to buy" list.

Reactions: watchcrank_tx

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Sinn designs are a bit top tool-y for my tastes, but 11.15mm thick for a 500m dove watch is absolutely insane!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I love it.... but, does the lume still suck?

(Wearing my U1-T currently)

The lume actually does not "suck". It's supposed to be the that way. A few years ago I read (I don't remember where) that Sinn did that lume type on purpose. It's not supposed to be super-duper, Seiko bright. Supposedly, it's what real divers want. A lume that does not overpower when first put in the dark but lasts a very long time. My U1 has what seems to most people "crappy lume" but it lasts throughout the night without fading at all. While my Seiko Sumo has "excellent lume" and although it doesn't fade to the point of calling it bad, it ends up being dimmer than my U1 come morning.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Just saw these today and I'm as excited as a schoolgirl!
The U50 SDR is looking to be my first Sinn. I only wish the entire case was tegimented as opposed to just the bezel. The lugs are the parts on my watches that show the most wear after the bezel.

·
6,961 Posts
The lume actually does not "suck". It's supposed to be the that way. A few years ago I read (I don't remember where) that Sinn did that lume type on purpose. It's not supposed to be super-duper, Seiko bright. Supposedly, it's what real divers want. A lume that does not overpower when first put in the dark but lasts a very long time. My U1 has what seems to most people "crappy lume" but it lasts throughout the night without fading at all. While my Seiko Sumo has "excellent lume" and although it doesn't fade to the point of calling it bad, it ends up being dimmer than my U1 come morning.
This ��

I currently own 5 Sinn’s and this is true. I refer to it as a “slow burn”. Sinn’s lume is not the brightest, but it definitely lasts all night.

��

·
6,961 Posts
Duplicate

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
The U1 ive been waiting over 5 years for ha.
I was focused on the SPB187 and waiting for the deatils - hoping its 40mm
However, all bets are off with the U50.
Im in and lets rumble.
That L2L is my jam

Reactions: boatswain

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Lucky for you. I have an expensive watch that has ...... lume compared to a $300 seiko.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
This

I currently own 5 Sinn’s and this is true. I refer to it as a “slow burn”. Sinn’s lume is not the brightest, but it definitely lasts all night.

I have two. They both are blown away by almost every other watch I own.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
This is perfect for my wrist.

Just went to reserve one and thought I was set on the U50 but then thought I may want the SDR....

This is a home run for me.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Good to see Sinn getting into women's watches!

:)
We need a LOL button. Over on the German or Sinn forum it was introduced as the Sinn U series for “human” wrists.

Anyways, I’ve always loved the look of the U1 but never considered it because of its size. This is really tempting, and it even carries over the submarine steel and lug holes! We need on lockdown of tempting new watches until the economy stabilizes.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
We need a LOL button. Over on the German or Sinn forum it was introduced as the Sinn U series for “human” wrists.

Anyways, I’ve always loved the look of the U1 but never considered it because of its size. This is really tempting, and it even carries over the submarine steel and lug holes! We need on lockdown of tempting new watches until the economy stabilizes.
Straight up man.
I had my eyes set and believing that the SPB187 might be a 40mm MM300.
That's out the window now. Need to be patient and overcome the new U50 ruckus - see some vid reviews etc.
Pretty sure I'm still getting it though - end of the year ish.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Wow I probably would have immediately bought this if it came out several years ago. The U1 was always my favorite Sinn model but it was too large. I got a 556 instead and went after other dive watches.

Now I have too many watches to consider buying another, especially another dive watch.

·
Registered
13,226 Posts
Very interesting indeed

For my smaller wrists it’s always nice to see another quality watch come in in the 38-42mm range.

Not sure I will be jumping on board but keen to watch others get in on it !

·
Registered
365 Posts
Some people call it ugly but I really like the look of the U series. To echo others in here, the fact it’s 41mm with a very short L2L and super thin AND 500m water resistant is mightily impressive. Definitely on my list now, I sure wish my Tudor BB GMT had these dimensions.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts