WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my UX last night :)
Beautiful watch I think and accurate to < 10 secs. per yr. supposedly.
With the silicone oil filled dial I can now dive to the bottom of the Marianas trench with no ill effects (to the watch :-D )

A couple minor quibbles, the inside/outside ar coating of the crystal and the oil makes the crystal disappear and the dial extremely legible from any angle but somehow makes the white of the markers a shade less white and renders it a bit less luminescent compared to the U1 I had. The bezel has a bit of backplay in it.
I've missed my U1 since I sold it and overall this is a fine replacement :)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Congratulations Tragic! :-! beautiful watch my man!!

I hear ya about the less than whitest, white hands and markers. I do find them a bit less white than my U2 and the black, a deepest darkest black.

Here are two pics of my UX in dark conditions. A poorly lit room. Notice that the hand and marker visibility is still quite good.

and here is my U2 under the same conditions.

Once you get some wrist time with your new baby, could you drop a few lines in the Sinn U ownership experience thread in the ISF? It would be very much appreciated for sure by those who are looking at this watch as their next possible purchase. Good and/or bad...it's all good and much appreciated!

Once again, congrats!!

regards,
Tim

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Congrats on the arrival of your new UX!!! This is one of the watches I am considering for a future purchase and I would also be interested to hear your thoughts after you have worn the watch for awhile, especially comparing it to the U1.

Best, MikeW

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice catch. I see you went for the 'baby' clasp - looks good - does it have micro adjustments?
Yes sir it does.
Leaves a bit of an uneven gap when closed on the wrist though if you know what I mean. Not that perfect "Mercedes line" if that would bother anyone.
Thanks everyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts