WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please tell me the correct amount of revolutions I should turn to wind a Sinn 756? I'm doing about 40x a day but I'm not sure if that is over or under winding. My computer does not support the dvd it came with and the paper instructions are all in German.
Same question about my Ocean7 that has the 2893-2 movement.
...thanks

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
You should not have to wind it manually every day, as it is an Automatic movement/ it winds itself with the wrist movement!
wearing it for some hours every day should be enough!
Edit: If you wear it, 40 turns on the crown only activates the over-winding protection.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
You cant overwind an automatic. Wind it more if you want to be sure. After you become familiar, you will learn to listen for a faint clicking noise when its fully wound. I hear 40 turns thrown around a lot, but I find my breitlings take about 50. I guess it depends on how far each individual turns the crown per "wind."

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's about right for a full wind, but why are you winding it everyday?

Thanks. Because with my Ocean7, if I don't wind it in the morning it stops by nightfall. I don't wear the watch all day long, but keep it in my bag. Gives my wrist a break. I was just unclear because a guy told me 50-100x a day and I was worried about over-winding.
The Sinn Movement seems to have a longer power reserve than the Ocean7 LM GMT 2. I try to alternate wearing the watches so a lot of the time they are stopped when I choose to wear one in the morning.

Thanks so much

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thanks. Because with my Ocean7, if I don't wind it in the morning it stops by nightfall. I don't wear the watch all day long, but keep it in my bag. Gives my wrist a break. I was just unclear because a guy told me 50-100x a day and I was worried about over-winding.
The Sinn Movement seems to have a longer power reserve than the Ocean7 LM GMT 2. I try to alternate wearing the watches so a lot of the time they are stopped when I choose to wear one in the morning.

Thanks so much
It's time to get a winder!

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I don't wear the watch all day long, but keep it in my bag. Gives my wrist a break.
I do not want to be funny, but what do you mean by that, surely your wrist does not get tired?????
If the watch is of a correct size (not oversize) and sits properly (not too tight) you should be able to wear it for 15 hours straight, minimum!!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
If you keep the watch going all the time, 40 winds will fill it from a dead stop, and 30 after a day. I generally only wind it 20.

-T

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't keep my hands still, so I'm always putting on and taking off a watch. Also, I'm always feeling the need to wind the watch. Being that I've never had an automatic before, I just like to play with it. But I don't want to damage the watches. Nervous tick I guess.
thanks.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Diazepam helps!

·
Registered
192 Posts
If it's an automatic and you're wearing it actively, you shouldn't ever need to wind it unless you take it off for a prolonged period and it stops.

If you're constantly unscrewing the crown to manually wind it, you're just introducing unnecessary wear and tear on the seals and increasing your chances of accidentally stripping the threads on the crown tube.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts