WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having just been to the Musée international d'horlogerie in La Chaux-de-Fonds, which was awesome (and well known, so lets not go on about that), just what do I find in the supermarket down the road?

IMG_20150829_161252.jpg

How could I resist? Guess what I'm having for dinner. And just so the mods don't have conniptions about the lack of watch content...

It was nice to see this Roamer in the MIH, it's the micro quartz movement, that was inhouse and rather special in that it used a somewhat conventional gear train and flicked the anchor side to side magnetically - of course in this case the anchor drives the train. It's a shame developing it (and the MST52X series) bankrupted the company.

IMG_20150829_144526.jpg

Here is mine, which is not quite as good and rebranded (only on the dial):

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Re: Sitting in La Chaux-de-Fronds...

Its a fantastic museum, but get to Patek Philippes museum in Geneva, that puts all to shameHave a GREAT tripa

Reactions: busmatt

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I feel the need to report that the watchmaker's cheese was indeed excellent. Creamy, flavourful and gone. Yum!

Hi Adam, I have been to it, plus over the last few years Omega, Longines, IWC, and a few others I've forgotten at the moment. They've all been good, and I don't want to pick favourites, but the fact that the watchmaker at IWC chatted to me for over 2 hours, and let me poke around in his workshop - and I've been to the pub with the prior watchmaker from the Omega museum biases me in their favour:-!

Caio.

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,799 Posts

I've my eye on you Kris. Fortunately the Roamer content was much appreciated ;)

·
Registered
13,447 Posts

I feel the need to report that the watchmaker's cheese was indeed excellent. Creamy, flavourful and gone. Yum!

Hi Adam, I have been to it, plus over the last few years Omega, Longines, IWC, and a few others I've forgotten at the moment. They've all been good, and I don't want to pick favourites, but the fact that the watchmaker at IWC chatted to me for over 2 hours, and let me poke around in his workshop - and I've been to the pub with the prior watchmaker from the Omega museum biases me in their favour:-!

Caio.
thats cool, I too visited, I believe every timepiece Museum in Switzerlnd, I love it there.
have a great trip

regards
a

Reactions: busmatt

·
Registered
504 Posts

More pictures please; less of the cheese? some of us are trying to live vicariously through your travels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts