WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the diameter and thickness of the Mako Crystal? Thinking of replacing mine with a sapphire one.

Thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
About 31 - 31.5mm based on my ruler to the crystal surface that we can see (based on my Orient Ray). It is an estimate, I hope don't use my measurement to confirm a purchase!!

Can't help with the thickness, maybe someone can help .

I was also about to post about my crystal... the darn thing seems to chip easily. I was spraying an aerosol air freshener can in the car with my right hand and as I moved it to the left side, the bottom of the can just clipped the crystal and caused a chip at the edge of it!!!:-|

My Casio crystal seems tougher. Well OK I understand that Orient has to put the cost into a different area than Casio but that was just frustrating to see. I mean I just clipped it (at worst it would make a scratch, not a chip) not smacked the can into the watch at full force..

·
Registered
445 Posts
-Sapphire glass for Mako/Ray models
Orient doesn't sell Mako or Ray models with sapphire glass. There are some options available however. The glass of the Mako and Ray models is 31mm in diameter and 3mm thick. Mako XL is 32mm by 3mm. It has also been said that the Seiko Sumo shares the same dimensions. But be sure to check before you buy! Do note this may/will void your warranty.

That's in my big file of standard answers :). Yobokies is, I believe, a renown supplier of sapphire glass for Seiko and Orient watches (though generally Seiko parts), so he should be able to help you out.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for those measurements. Looking to buy the crystal from Esslinger and that is information is exactly what I need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts