WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new Sinn rubber strap and want to size it correctly. Does anyone know of a resource that has step by step instructions? Also does anyone have first hand tips so I don't screw it up.

Thanks in advance.

·
Sinn Moderator
9,805 Posts
The booklet that comes with the Sinn watch has step by step instructions for the proper sizing of the strap. If you can't find it on line, let me know and I will photocopy the watchbooklet and send it to you. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I found a link to the U1 manual on the web and that gave a general idea as to how to proceed.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Keep it a little large. I use the two finger rule. That's the rule you use for your dog's collar. The other reason you want to keep it a tad larger is that once you cut it off you can't put it back. The reward is that if you do it right it's one of the most comfortable rubber straps you'll ever own.

Joe

Reactions: Janne

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,180 Posts
I've cut a bunch of these straps and have a technique that has worked well for me. You may have noticed the clasp end of the strap is a tad longer than where the intended cut points are. If you can cut just beyond the cut point (cut off and use one end piece as your guide) you'll have a little extra strap to feed into the clasp to keep the strap rigid. Also be sure to cut one segment off at a time, leaving the 6 o'clock side short if you can't keep it symetrical.

And the most important part; repeat this mantra over and over...measure twice, cut once.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I agree with CMSgt Bo. One segment at a time. First from one side, then the other.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the help. I am going to use the Sinn strap on my Kremke Subzilla Until I can afford a U1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts