WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with Skagen watches? I just saw some of them earlier today, and I liked how they looked. The price seemed too good to be true though... are they good? Bad? Thanks in advance :-!

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Read my post on the Public Forum.
Danish Design, Scandinavian Bauhaus, Made in PRC, Quartz, Ti, mesh.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, found it! Stupid me...

·
11,870 Posts
Just do a search for Skagen...you will find lots of info. I was happy with the two had. I sold one, and kept one. Nothing to do with preformance I just never wore it.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I've had several. Nice designs, good value. :-!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought one about 7 or so years ago at a chain discount store's going out of business sale. I liked the way it looked, it was titanium, with a thin tank design, and it was only $20 so I went for it even though it wasn't running - I figured the battery was dead. Replaced the battery, it ran for about 2 weeks, then it sort of died off and on - seemed like there was a bad connection to the power. Finally it ended up buried in the back of a drawer.

Then earlier this year I dug it up and shipped it off to Skagen for repairs, mostly because I had the urge for a new watch and this would have been like a new watch since I had barely worn it. Customer service was great. They informed me that the watch I had sent them was so old that they no longer could repair it (bummer), but that I could essentially choose any watch from their site up to a certain value and they would ship a new watch to me instead. I picked one that was $10 higher in value, sent them the difference, and two days later I had my new watch, which I love and is getting plenty of wrist time.

Incidentally, they do have some mechanicals. There is one that has been popping up periodically on some of the deal of the day sites that I keep looking at - brown with rose gold, going for about $75.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I also like the look of Skagens. However, I have read numerous reviews on Amazon that mention crystals that are easily cracked. Some reviews even say that the crystal almost cracked spontaneously! This has kept me wary of purchasing a Skagen.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
There is one word to describe Skagen, and some of you aren't going to like it, but I'm going to say it, and it's "METROSEXUAL" there I said it.

I have two Skagens. Well, I had two briefly but then a co-worker stole the copper face one off my wrist, God-dang it.
But I am not metrosexual because I am a steel worker and I wear work boots & I ride a 1982 Honda UJM.

I kind of dig how amazingly thin they are, and it's the cheapest Titanium watch I've ever bought, but come on, everybody has to admit, from a distance they do look just a tad bit fem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts