WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been attempting to regulate my SKX171 on my own using an iPhone app called Kello and a basic watchmakers toolkit. I've made many adjustments (as anyone who has tried this themselves can tell you) and I finally have it dialed in to +1 per day according to the app.

But I would like to replace the gasket because I have opened the watch up quite a few times over the course of the last week and each time I close the watch up for an observation / measurement, I tighten the caseback enough that there is resistance from the gasket to keep the dust out. I'm sure the extra wear from this activity is minimal, but seeing as how I don't expect to have the watch open again for the next 5 years or so, I would feel better putting a brand new gasket in there, lubing it correctly and then closing it up nice and tight. I'll get a pressure test the next time I'm out at Kubes Jewelers in Ft. Worth.

Problem is, I can't find gaskets anywhere online. Who sells them? Where can I get one?

·
Registered
218 Posts
About a year ago, I bought a huge bag of watch gaskets off someone on Ebay. I think it was about $10 at the time and it was shipped FREE!.
It's kind of a pain to go thru a bunch of gasket to find the right one, but the bag has paid off many times over. I've replaced many of mine and my son's with that bag full.
I think it would be hard to find an exact replacement for a particular watch gasket off the 'bay without knowing the correct size and even then, I might have doubts. Just my 2 cents worth!!!!

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, that's kind of been the issue. I don't have digital calipers to measure and I don't know the size/can't find it referenced anywhere. I tried that link above to suppliers but even searching using the case number/movement number reveals no matches. It looks like they all just have the gaskets organized by size-which makes perfect sense and is easier for them, but still doesn't help me. I'm just trying to avoid a lengthy, potentially frustrating call to Seiko's customer service. I just want two of these, not a bag full. Also, it appears Seiko's gasket has a flat, almost square profile, so I'd like to get the same type if possible...I'm sure it was made that way for a reason; or is it just holding that shape due to the back being screwed down on it? Hmmm.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
The 007/009/171 and other models sharing the same case 7S26-020 use the same caseback gasket. The Seiko part number is 0C3060B0A. This I have just discovered from some very useful info from a fellow WUS member here.
I am presently sourcing some parts for my SARB063 Alpinist, which also shares the same case and thus also the same caseback gasket.

I believe Jake sells these on his site. Hope this helps !

Regards,

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 007/009/171 and other models sharing the same case 7S26-020 use the same caseback gasket. The Seiko part number is 0C3060B0A. This I have just discovered from some very useful info from a fellow WUS member here.
I am presently sourcing some parts for my SARB063 Alpinist, which also shares the same case and thus also the same caseback gasket.

I believe Jake sells these on his site. Hope this helps !

Regards,
Thanks, that does help actually. If only his site were working. It keeps timing out on me and not loading...I'll try later...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts