WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My name is Joe and I am new to the Watchuseek forum. I'm interested in a 21 Jewel Seiko diver like the Moster or the 007. That said, I have small wrists (6.5-6.75) and I wasn't sure if these time pieces were too large for me. I read that the 013 might be a viable alternative, however many people say that it is top heavy and too small.

Can I pull off a 007 or monster with a 6.5" wrist? Is the 013 the more appropriate model? If so, does it have as good of a reputation as the monster and the 007? And does Seiko make a smaller version of the Monster?

Regards,

Joe

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
My wrists are 6.75 and the Monster & 007 are both completely fine on me, you shouldn't worry about the size, just pick the one you like most and get it, then buy the other one next week!

Reactions: Dobie

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,175 Posts
The Monster honestly isn't a monster of a watch as the name implies. While chunky looking, it fits great on small wrists too.

I have the same wrist size as you and the 007 wears perfectly and when I owned a Monster, it also wore well.

Welcome to the forums and don't hesitate to pull the trigger on either or both Seiko's.

·
Registered
32 Posts
After falling in love with the the dial of the Monster and reading how everyone said that it doesn't look big on small wrists, I purchased the Monster. Unfortunately, it looked rediculous on my small wrists and I didn't feel comfortable wearing it. I flipped it and went with the SKX013. I haven't looked back. It looks great on my small wrist. I purchased it with the rubber strap and replaced it with a super oyster.

I loved the quality of the Monster and how the dial looked, but it was too big my my tastes. Then again, I don't follow the big watch trend.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
After falling in love with the the dial of the Monster and reading how everyone said that it doesn't look big on small wrists, I purchased the Monster. Unfortunately, it looked rediculous on my small wrists and I didn't feel comfortable wearing it. I flipped it and went with the SKX013. I haven't looked back. It looks great on my small wrist. I purchased it with the rubber strap and replaced it with a super oyster.

I loved the quality of the Monster and how the dial looked, but it was too big my my tastes. Then again, I don't follow the big watch trend.
What size is your wrist bud?

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Monster honestly isn't a monster of a watch as the name implies. While chunky looking, it fits great on small wrists too.

I have the same wrist size as you and the 007 wears perfectly and when I owned a Monster, it also wore well.

Welcome to the forums and don't hesitate to pull the trigger on either or both Seiko's.
Ottovonn is right, the Monster is not as huge as it looks in the close ups, My black monster is not comming off ever since i got it a month ago :)
I did have the 007 as well but i found it to be on the chunky side. My wrist is 7 btw.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

This is great info. where did you find the super oyster strap btw?...Right now I'm still torn because the 007 is almost $100 less than the 013 on amazon.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I have a 6.75" wrist and have no problem with both the 007 & monster, they aren't that big. Not sure about the 013

·
Registered
361 Posts
You'll be fine... Here is my OM on my 6.5" wrist. This is with the stock bracelet, I have a Watchadoo on it now, it is even more comfortable.

image.jpeg

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
This is great info. where did you find the super oyster strap btw?...Right now I'm still torn because the 007 is almost $100 less than the 013 on amazon.
I think you can easily pull off a 007 with a 6.5" wrist. I have 7" wrists and the 007 fits perfectly. I wouldn't want it any larger or smaller. It doesn't seem freakishly big, but it appears to be substantial. After getting used to it, 40mm watches seem slightly small.

I think the SKX013 is definitely too small for 6.5" wrists. It's only 38mm right ? Yeah I think it would seem tiny on your wrist. Not a good look for a sports/diver watch. But regarding your other question, I think the SKX013 is the same watch as the 007, same thickness and 200m rating, but smaller.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Here's my 013 on my 6.5" wrist. Fits great.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
With a 6.5-6.75" you could do either a 013 or 007. It's a question of what you think looks best for you.

I should add that I"m not a fan of the Monster. I think it's fine if a) you already have a dress/dressy watch or b) you have no need for a dress/dressy watch. The Monster is a sport watch, full stop. Sport watches have their place, but I don't think they have their place when one is not dressing casually or for sports. The 007/013 is much more of a multi-use watch. The 013 is arguably a little dressier than the 007 because of its size.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you everyone for the input and the picks. I'm leaning toward the 013 due to the smaller size. That said, I recently stumbled accross the skx173.
My research indicates that this is the same watch with the exception of the rubber band. Can anyone confirm whether or not this is the case? If so, will the same aftermarket oyster bracelet for the 013 fit the 173? I ask this because I don't like the Jubilee and dig the added feature of having both a rubber and steel bracelet for the same watch.

Regards,
Joe

·
Registered
202 Posts
Skx013 is tiny compared to todays +40mm cases. You'll see it when you get one, but its only a bad thing, if you think it is. A few mm can make a big difference. Sometimes it's just easier buying with a no hassle return policy. You'll only lose the 6-9 bucks to return the item if you feel like its not working out.

Although I think the watch is small, I still wear it and like it a lot.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
The 173 is identical to the 007 except for the shape of the markers. It's also a little more expensive.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts