WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Wow. Excellent & detailed write up to share with all fellow forum people here. Trust you are enjoying your mod!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fantastic thread! Gotta get these tools for myself of the ones I don't have. However, where are you getting all of these parts? Specifically hands, movements, faces, bezels, etc??? Seems like there are a lot of places, but just trying to find things that go together properly (fit specifically), how does one figure that out?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for sharing your beautiful step by step,not to mention the perfection of the service running in this beautiful Seiko Diver, which is theSKX007,and was even more beautiful with the modding!

hugs,
Cigano!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! Can you explain why you use 2 different Silicon Grease in 2 different place? And also can you explain when you switching the seiko5 7s26 movement to this SKX that plastic ring how you disassemble? Need fully disassemble entire movement to change that plastic ring or not :-s

Thank You!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hi Peter,

It's the exact same grease, but for the back seal, it is in a "device" designed to easily grease the gaskets.
The other one is just a pot in which you take some grease to deposit it where you want.

Regarding the plastic ring, technically, you're supposed to remove date disk to remove the ring. But ring and date disk are elastic enough to carefully remove and replace the ring without dismounting the disk.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Great details, extremely helpful. The trick for setting the second hand seems quite useful; I had previously tried using tweezers but it was a pain it get it on the spindle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am looking at getting an skx009 and doing a bezel colour change, so just planning it out with a few questions. I understand the bezel insert is held on with double sided tape? Can the insert be removed with a knife without being damaged or is the insert a one time use? Also is the bezel clip ring what holds the bezel on? BTW, liked your new machined bezel. Enjoyed your post, Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've just successfully customized my SKX007 using your tutorial. The watch, it's new hands and dial are in good health. Thank you very much!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Thanks man, I just used your info to mod my own and it came out great.
I've just successfully customized my SKX007 using your tutorial. The watch, it's new hands and dial are in good health. Thank you very much!
I'm happy my tutorial has been useful :)

I am looking at getting an skx009 and doing a bezel colour change, so just planning it out with a few questions. I understand the bezel insert is held on with double sided tape? Can the insert be removed with a knife without being damaged or is the insert a one time use? Also is the bezel clip ring what holds the bezel on? BTW, liked your new machined bezel. Enjoyed your post, Thanks.
I can see now that I did not explained this part on my tuto ... my bad.
Once bezel removed, use a very thin knife from behind between insert and bezel and rotate slowly. Take care when close to the luminous pearl, it is sealed in plastic and just hold by the insert, it may fall once insert removed. Default insert is glued to the bezel, and to be honest, most of the time there's enough glue left on the bezel to fix the new one. Just put it in place once bezel is mounted back to the case to avoid misalignment !

Regarding holding, the bezel just "pops" on the case, don't forget the o-ring and the ratchet.

·
Registered
80 Posts
this is great!!

21 - 40 of 106 Posts