WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning folks, just received my SKX007 from Yorkshire watches. Overall I'm happy, if I can live with the bezel being mid clicks to be fully aligned.

Now on tot he interesting stuff, my K1 model has an English/Arabic daywheel. My understanding is that this is reserved for the J models.

What do you guys think, do I have a freak or is this normal?

Pictures have the day is in English, but you get the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Not that i know too much about them as i'm more into the older stuff.. but i thought the J model was the JDM and the K was international?

·
Premium Member
74,313 Posts
Usually the J models have Arabic day wheels and the K have Spanish, Roman or whatever on them. Sometimes, just to confuse me, I have heard of Seiko fitting Arabic day wheels to the K model. :-s

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Usually the J models have Arabic day wheels and the K have Spanish, Roman or whatever on them. Sometimes, just to confuse me, I have heard of Seiko fitting Arabic day wheels to the K model. :-s
That is my understanding too. Got to love them for being inconsistent with their line. It's good to know that at least mine is not a freak.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I thought the Arabic date wheel was only on J models too. Thats a new one. Dial is marked correctly for K model though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought the Arabic date wheel was only on J models too. Thats a new one. Dial is marked correctly for K model though.
New to me too, is there a way to date the production of the watch? By the serial number perhaps?

Is it possible for them to be using up left over parts, if the rumours of discontinuing production are true? So many questions...

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
wow sure confusing enough.

Why don't seiko just come up with a model of KJ or JK just to get rid of this confusion.

But anyway, good purchase!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread, so perhaps you won't get this, but...same here! SKX007 K with Arabic. I've also been trying to figure it out. I'm not worried about a fake, as that seems pretty far-fetched, plus everything else on the piece is totally consistent with other SKX. So, yeah, pretty nuts! I love it, actually. I have the Arabic set to the primary language. Enjoy, man! :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Do to my working hours, I get to see both languages through my shift, haha! Seiko does sometimes use different language wheels then expected. Regis is why some watch stores will not guarantee secondary languages, as it sometimes doesn't even say on the package they get! Very unlikely to be fake....enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Not at all my dude. Seiko made day wheels in eng/arabic, spanish, portuguese, spanish, kanji... there are all kinds of day wheels out there. And there is no official statement on what language corresponds to what geographic area

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Not that i know too much about them as i'm more into the older stuff.. but i thought the J model was the JDM and the K was international?
I don't believe there was ever a JDM 007 variant. All were for intended for sale in markets other than Japan.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Not at all my dude. Seiko made day wheels in eng/arabic, spanish, portuguese, spanish, kanji... there are all kinds of day wheels out there. And there is no official statement on what language corresponds to what geographic area
Spot on. Clear and concise explanation of a very simple and logical thing, yet so many cannot seem to grasp.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts