WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Diver in this friday afternoon and it is crazy accurate! I mean, in 24 hours no deviation. It is my most accurate mechanical at the moment, surpassing Ball and Rolex.
Is this to be expected from this diver - gentlemen?

IMG_4653.jpg

·
Registered
301 Posts
Mine is rather accurate when fully wound (less than +5sec/day) but starts speeding up when left one day at rest on the second half of the power reserve (+20sec/day)

My Mako i got at the same time is much more consistent and can be kept very close to atomic time for weeks with just a bit of position regulation when off the wrist.

HirshSKX1.jpg

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Awesome, mine was a bit twitchy the first month or so, it would speed up when I shook it etc. Now it's more or less immutable, loses perhaps 2-3-4s per day, which I'm very happy with.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yep, Seikos can be very accurate. I've had my SNZG15 for about 4 weeks (Xmas Gift :-!). I've worn it every day since.

newstrap.jpg
It is easily as accurate as the ETA 2824-2 in my Steinhart Ocean 1. Only loses about 10 seconds a week.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
It is my most accurate mechanical at the moment, surpassing Ball and Rolex.
Is this to be expected from this diver - gentlemen?
LOL, no. :)

With Rolex, every single one they produce is tested and guaranteed to be within the specified accuracy of -4 / +6 spd, and internally I think they strive for a bit better, perhaps half that.

With Seiko, they also guarantee them to be within the specified accuracy, which, for the 7S26 movement I think is -20 to +40. That means some can be really accurate, while the next one can easily run 20 seconds or more fast.

It's the luck of the draw and it seems you've done well. Although it's not unheard of for these to slow down slightly as they settle in, you you may and up somewhere in the -5 spd range which is still very good. (And some positions to rest the watch in are faster/slower than others, e.g. dial up vs crown down.

I once got lucky with a 6R15 equipped Seiko: haven't needed to set it since July.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My skx was -3/+3 out of the box
Until after about 2 months it started loosing 30-35 sec per day....
Opened it up
Regulated it
And it's back on track.....

Now, winter time is -7 spd
And summer time is -1/+2 spd.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I feel like such a slouch. I never time my watches to the second. In my experience most 7s26 movements offer acceptable time keeping within a minute or so a week or less. That equates to 10secs ish a day on average which could be remedied by watch positioning at night if you were so inclined.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My SKX779 (same movement) is about 3 years old and it runs +15s/day. The first SKX779 I had before I sold it ran about +10s/day.

·
Registered
310 Posts
LOL, no. :)

With Rolex, every single one they produce is tested and guaranteed to be within the specified accuracy of -4 / +6 spd, and internally I think they strive for a bit better, perhaps half that.

With Seiko, they also guarantee them to be within the specified accuracy, which, for the 7S26 movement I think is -20 to +40. That means some can be really accurate, while the next one can easily run 20 seconds or more fast.

It's the luck of the draw and it seems you've done well.
I agree some stock SKX are a lot more accurate than others. Seiko QC bandwith is +/- 15 or 20 seconds a day, max. Which is about the same as your average ETA movement. However, with a little bit of work, so far every one of my 7S movements have been regulated to +/- 1 or 2 seconds a day. Which is up to par with any Rolex, Patek Philip Philippe or any other fancy Swiss brand. The only difference is, those expensive brands take the time (no pun intended) to regulate the watch for their customers. And Seiko don't. But then, this takes a skillful person about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My 4r36 gains about 4 minutes a week - it's not something I'm bothered about tbh, quite like sitting down at work on a monday and adjusting the time back to just about right.

·
Registered
695 Posts
My 09 is good as well at 3s to 9secs a day.

What is annoying is its power reserve seems to be less than 24hrs when wound circular for 3 minutes.
I often find it stopped off the wrist even though i have given it the same as other automatic watches.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My SKX173 is spot on. I don't test it to the second, but I compare it to my iPhone every few days...no adjustment needed.
My SRP307 Monster on the other hand loses time. Quite disappointing getting a brand new watch that doesn't perform as well as my beat up Ebay SKX.

·
Registered
571 Posts
My 09 is good as well at 3s to 9secs a day.

What is annoying is its power reserve seems to be less than 24hrs when wound circular for 3 minutes.
I often find it stopped off the wrist even though i have given it the same as other automatic watches.

A

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
571 Posts
My skx007 is about 5yrs old. initially +10 to +15 per day. After about 3 months had it regulated, I remember seeing really good time in the +6 to +8 range.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
356 Posts
My 007 started out at +4 spd for a few days followed by +2.5 spd for a week or so. Last few times I checked its been +0.9 spd and holding. Will be on the wrist 2 months as of tomorrow.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wouldn't get too excited about the accuracy until you've been using it for a couple months. Things can change. My Orange Monster started off spot on, but that only lasted a short while. I don't know about the 7s26, but the 4r36 is definitely sensitive to positional variation off the wrist.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts