WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I set my mind on one of those... (or both...)

How does it look on your 6.5" wrist?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Mine's similar to bjjkk, around 6.75 - I find the SKX wears very comfortably and doesn't feel too big. I can't really advise about the SRP as I don't have one - damn nice-looking watches but I understand that they feel a bit bigger than the SKXs.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a 7" wrist & The SRP775 & PADI Turtle. Both wear very comfortably. They are a bit wide, but not overbearing. I wear one on a leather band and another on an isofrane copy. Both excellent.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
The Turtle thread (no link right now, on phone and getting ready for work) is a great place to see many pics of them on wrist, many stating their wrist size. It should be ok. If the 007 works, the SRP is barely bigger lug to lug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,599 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies.

SKX013 is great, but I already have 3 38mm Seikos (no diver) and I truly like the shape of both the SKX00x and SRP77x.

@Duffy not sure if you did good or bad by linking this...hehe :)

·
Premium Member
71,450 Posts
Here's my PADI on my 6.75" monster of a wrist. You'll have to excuse the "too tight" look - it's all my own work and nothing to do with the watch.

IMG_1616.JPG

·
Registered
237 Posts
Got a 6" wrist and the Turtle wears fine. Lugs are far from overhanging and the wrist still gets lots of movement even when worn closer to the hand because of the case shape and 4:00 crown.

When it comes to thickness, you won't have a problem with the case, but you might have a problem with the stock rubber strap. On stock rubber, you'll be getting about 2 cm worth of extra length beyond the keeper that stays tangentially straight because of the material making the extra length visible from above. Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck with the "hot water + coffee cup/thermos" trick to get it to bend right.

I heard that the waffle strap from Uncle Seiko should have a more suitable length for the similarly thin-wristed and is supposedly easier to heat into shape if needed, but I've yet to verify on that.

Edit: Got a PM from baczajka above. Notice how the strap in his pic doesn't have the annoying extra length. He actually makes his own straps which you can find here: https://www.watchuseek.com/f319/22m...ient-pebble-asus-lg-moto-samsung-3697570.html

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

SKX013 is great, but I already have 3 38mm Seikos (no diver) and I truly like the shape of both the SKX00x and SRP77x.

@Duffy not sure if you did good or bad by linking this...hehe :)
That's fair but my closing argument would be that the SKX013 is the perfect foil for all the other large "gonzo" divers. It is just smaller enough to be unlike all of those while keeping in the SKX aesthetic. Also, put a crocodile leather strap on it and you can nickname it the DressKX!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts