WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

skywatches.com.sg - fakes? or genuines?

137K views 108 replies 78 participants last post by  pinrut 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
I love japanese watches. And skywatches.com.sg is a very tempting place to get Casio, Seiko, Citizen and Orient watches.
When I was reading up on an article on spotting fake Seikos (see: How to spot a fake Seiko watch (revised)), I noticed that skywatches.com.sg was striked off the list of recommended places to buy watches.
So my questions to all the experts here:
[1] Does anyone here have recent online purchases with them? And do you have any problems? Any feedback, may it be good or bad?
[2] I heard that the shop owners are trustworthy folks? Anyone dealt directly with them or know them? Pls share any experiences with them. I hope they stand by their web slogans that they deal only genuine watches.
[3] Personally, I think skywatches.com.sg runs a physical shop in Singapore and Singapore being a tightly controlled/regulated country, I don't think I have any problems with my purchases. What do you think?
Thanx.
rgds,
Kthulhu

#4 ·
I'm pretty sure I bought an Orient Mako from them for a colleague of mine. It came without box or papers but other than that it was absolutely fine.

#5 ·
Bought (at least) FOUR watches from skywatches.com.sg in recent years... Some on-line and some in person. They're all genuine. No worries at all.

#9 · (Edited)
Have bought a dozen watches from them, some via ebay, some physically at their shop. Excellent customer service, almost instantaneous email responses and very good exchange policy, I once regretted buying a certain model and promptly asked to exchange it for a different model and they obliged, no questions asked.

For export, international buyers need not pay 7% GST (Goods & Services Tax). All prices quoted on their website exclude the GST. Note prices quoted on their website are still open to counter offers. Up to you to make a reasonable offer, have done it all the time and they have always accepted, otherwise they will still courteously decline your offer.

Once when I was at their shop browsing, I noticed they were packing parcels for shipment and asked them how many watches they shipped a day, the sales assistant casually said "...oh...not really definite, but it can range from 150 - 200 on a normal day, but during Christmas season can be as much as 450 -500 pcs a day."

You do the math!! They are open 7 days a week.

I have found them to be one of the cheapest around globally, but they may not have all the latest models in stock. But if you are patient enough, they will soon have them and at great discounts.

They are also wholesale suppliers to dealers in Indonesia, I've seen enough Indonesian dealers visiting their shop and buying Seikos and Casios by the duffel-bags-ful to lug home to Indonesia.

Here's an interesting observation, the whole operation is staffed with a predominantly female team. I think only the owner of the shop is the sole male staff.

So whoever struck them off the list of recommended sellers must have been mistaken.

#10 ·
They are also wholesale suppliers to dealers in Indonesia, I've seen enough Indonesian dealers visiting their shop and buying Seikos and Casios by the duffel-bags-ful to lug home to Indonesia.
I contacted Adrian, very polite guy, but he told me that he doesn't ship to Indonesia. He said that Indonesian customs are a real trouble and he did send a package here once, where the buyer was pissed on having to pay the customs duty, so he trolled Adrian to cover the handling costs. In the end Adrian refunded the guy's money and the watch was sent back. This story, Adrian said, was what prompted him to stop making deliveries to Indonesia. Or is it just a bait so I come in person to his store and buy in bulk? :-d

#11 ·
Hey, u guys really shared good experiences and gave me the confidence to go with this shop!

I got this from skywatches.com.sg:
Seiko 5 Sports Automatic Watch SNZF53J1 SNZF53

23 Jewels
100 m Water Resist
Black PVD Steel
Display Back
Made in Japan
Japan Seiko 5 Sports Mens Automatic Diver Watch SNZF53J1 SNZF53

by the way, this is one strange automatic watch - it doesn't allow manual wind! :roll:
but i luv it! :-d

#13 ·
Hey, i bought a watch from him a month or so ago. Service was veeeeery slow. it took him iirc 10 days to simply put it in the mail and I really dislike waiting for things in the mail. His service however otherwise was very good, i tried to change my order when the same watch of a different color went on sale for the same price and he said he sold out of it and had one left of the one i originally ordered which he reserved for me, i thought that was nice of him.

I took the free shipping option which gets you the watch, well packed without the original box with papers and the manual and service card. There was no import/duty fee.

As far as i can tell, he's a standup guy and well regarded and safe to order from. Just be prepared for a long wait when you do.

#16 ·
I took the free shipping option which gets you the watch, well packed without the original box with papers and the manual and service card. There was no import/duty fee.

As far as i can tell, he's a standup guy and well regarded and safe to order from. Just be prepared for a long wait when you do.
See what I mean? But if I have to explain myself completely, I might as well just start a new thread about it. I was going to talk about local retailer monopoly.

#25 ·
I dont even know this place is exist.I send them mail 3 times and just ask basic questions like below but they never respond.If they cant even answer my basic questions how they can send a watch.Might take years maybe.
-Are you authorized casio dealer?Do you buy direct from casio itself?Or do you buy watches casios distributors?
2-Product we buy do you send with manual and warranty paper with in the original box etx?Where you import casio watches?i.e. China-japan etx?
3-How many days after I order can I have product in my hands?(Victoria/Australia)
4-What makes PRG 500 watches on your web page original prices much cheaper than Creation watches?(Please check their page for the same product very different price range)
5-Last question is:On your web page there are 4, PRG 500 watches.I read information about them and everything is the same except prices and color difference.For example:

PRG 500 - 1: $333.00 (original price)
PRG 500Y-1DR : $499.00(original price)

Original prices of these 2 watches $166 different.Thats a lot!But all the information is same and they are both resin strap.So what makes the one expensive than the other?Same as prg 500G also different price.

Also anywhere I checked from web pages or even here in Australia PRG 500 T is the most expensive watch than the others.And its perfcetly normal because its titanium band (others resin strap).But on your web page this watch is $59 cheaper than PRG 500Y(original price)but your price is same for both.Can you please explain this?What makes PRG 500Y resin strap-expensive than PRG 500 Titanum strap?

#29 ·
I live in Darwin Australia. I purchased Casio Protrek PRG-510 a couple of weeks ago for good price (not the best, but good). I was a little worried at first as there was absolutely no record of my order following online payment. I emailed the company immediately and received a response 24 hr later (despite it being Chinese New Year). They indicated their website had been playing up and that they had received my order. I paid for express post with box (a whole $10) on the Saturday and received the item the following Wednesday. Watch was genuine and in excellent condition. I will certainly do business Sky again in future and recommend them.
Cheers

#30 ·
Well.....The Watches are fine..However I have bought maybe 10 watches from them and half of the warranty Cards had the CODE number SCRATCHED off which makes them invalid as I have Just found out.
Seiko Service Centre here in NZ said it has been tampered with (which when I actually Looked is patently true)
So they will have nothing to do with it.Hope the other watches dont have any problems.

I was a fan .....but not anymore....I am sitting here looking at 5 International Warranty Cards that are WORTHLESS. I kid you not.

#32 ·
Yea.I just came back to update.After I contacted Adrian. He said something about europe and seiko dealers and this and that and pretty much nothing much of real clarity with regards to the issue.......Anyway he
advised me to return it to them and they would replace the movement.
In fact was very friendly and easy to deal with.
However he is not the easiest to contact via e-mail at times.
So it appears my international warrantys are useless and you need to return the watch to them.Which is fine if you know not to rely on the warranty.Spent 50 bucks sending to seiko ..now will have to send to Singapore.
When I buy from Pokemonyu I know there is no warranty card etc and I buy on that premise.
Its all out there. Oh well enough grumping for today...
So A Partial SORRY SKYWATCHES:)
How bout those useless energizer batteries !!!

#33 ·
Warranty is an issue. If it's anything like automobiles, the AD is reimbursed for his labor and parts if authorized to fix it. That means the value of repairs needs to go thru international finance to do it, which complicates issues.

I speculate, but each geographic region has it's budget based off the known numbers of watches imported. When they come in from else where, there's no budgeted amount for that watch, as it's not included.

IIRC Rolex even does that, HK watches shipped to the US only get serviced in HK.

Our best assumption to protect in all cases is that only AD watches have warranty. I bought a SKX007, no country of origin marks as required by US law - and no warranty card. If there's an issue, I contact the seller, not the local AD, return post is on me, and delays will be normal.

Yes, I trust the quality of Seiko a lot. So far, so good.

#34 ·
Hi All,
I want to share my bitter experience with all of you to warn you about this FRAUD shop.
I have bought a watch CASIO EDIFICE ERA 200 DB on 1st Aug 2013. After 2 Weeks only it spoiled. I checked with Casio Service center, they said the piece is non-repairable. Then when I approached this shop, they did not even listen to me. Thay said "DO WHATEVER YOU WANT, BUT YOUR MONEY CANT BE REFUNDED, NEITHER THIS WATCH CAN BE REPLACED"
Now I have a spoiled watch (after 2 weeks of purchase) and 100% money gone.
I would advice,better pay 10-15% more, but buy from a reputed shop. Every penny worth.
I live in Singapore and my contact number is 91096682.
If you have any doubt, please contact me.
Please take care,
Manas

#38 ·
I bought a Promaster from them yesterday at their shop at People's Park Complex (Singapore).
They gave me one with scratches in between the links of the bracelet and the lug, which I didn't noticed when I was inspecting it.
I only noticed it when I was already outside the shop on broad daylight, I went back to them immediately but they refused to do something about it.
Telling me that I already inspected it before I paid and I already scratched it myself (for about 30mins of use).
Also, they did not give me a warranty card and told me just to show the receipt from them within 1-year.
That's my sad Christmas buying experience, my first time and will never buy from them...worst if I bought it online from them.
I usually buy at Bencoolen and Bras Basah and never had that experience...lesson learned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.