WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be buying a seiko 200m auto diver and was wondering if anyone has done business with skywatches.com.sg before and if so, is it reputable? Am I correct in assuming all watches are authentic and will come with box, manual, papers, etc.?

G

·
Adrian Low is a real nice guy. As far as I know he´s selling via ebay too and has lots of positive feedbacks. BTW: For questions like yours we do have the Inquiry-Forum ;-)

·
Registered
530 Posts
I am not recommending necessarily, but i know someone who seemed to get great price / great service from superchrono.com - maybe worth a look?

Colin

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Hi Colin. As I understand it, superchrono is in Singapore, and one would have to pay import/duty fees on a watch coming from them. Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
46 Posts
jonesberry355 said:
I am going to be buying a seiko 200m auto diver and was wondering if anyone has done business with skywatches.com.sg before and if so, is it reputable? Am I correct in assuming all watches are authentic and will come with box, manual, papers, etc.?
Nice guy, I have been there and bought a seiko 007 and samurai from him.
Drop him a email for good price.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Bought 4 watches from him, also trades as watches59 on Ebay. Adrian Low is a great guy, reccomended! :-!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bought 4 watches from him, also trades as watches59 on Ebay. Adrian Low is a great guy, reccomended! :-!
skywatches customer reviews mostly good but I ve sent them 3 mails and they still didnt respond.Similar mail I sent to creation watches and they respond straight away.But problem with them casio said creation watches are not our authorized dealer and creation watches said, they cant say where they import to casio watch..Himm thats suspicious.Skywatches authorized or not dont know yet but this people they couldnt even answer my basic questions(below) every customer has a right to ask.

1-Are you authorized casio dealer?Do you buy direct from casio itself?Or do you buy watches casios disributors?
2-Product we buy do you send with manual and warrant paper with in the original box etx?Where you import casio watches?i.e. China-japan etx?
3-How many days after I order can I have product in my hands?(Victoria/Australia)
4-What makes PRG 500 watches on your web page original prices much cheaper than Creation watches?(Please check their page for the same product very different price range)
5-Last question is:On your web page there are 4, PRG 500 watches.I read information about them and everything is the same except prices and color difference.For example:

PRG 500 – 1: $333.00 (original price)
PRG 500Y-1DR : $499.00(original price)

Original prices of these 2 watches $166 different.Thats a lot!But all the information is same and they are both resin strap.So what makes the one expensive than the other?Same as prg 500G also different price.

Also anywhere I checked from web pages or even here in Australia PRG 500 T is the most expensive watch than the others.And its perfcetly normal because its titanium band (others resin strap).But on your web page this watch is $59 cheaper than PRG 500Y(original price)but your price is same for both.Can you please explain this?What makes PRG 500Y resin strap-expensive than PRG 500 Titanum strap?

Some strange prices on their web about these product and they couldnt answer.Actually they respond at first but after I ask these questions 3 times they never replied.

·
Registered
55 Posts
FWIW - I got my orange monster from them and absolutely no complaints

I'm here in Australia and had no problems with them or the product at all? Box, papers, warranty card, everything was there

very happy, I would definitely use them again!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Some strange prices on their web about these product and they couldnt answer.Actually they respond at first but after I ask these questions 3 times they never replied.
No offence, but I'm not surprised! Their pricing strategies are frankly none of your business. I can see how he might want to answer whether he is an authorised dealer or not, but other than that I don't think there is enough time in the world to spend 30 minutes or more to spend on replying to your email. If they did that with every potential (that is the key word here) customer, they'd never get anything done! I'm pretty sure they get more than 16 emails per day. ;-)

BTW, their webpage clearly states that all watches are guaranteed genuine and shipped with original paperwork. Why ask those question all over again???

P.S. I do think you should ask questions. But keep it simple and to the point! No one likes answering a question written in the form of a long novel (especially if some of the answers are clearly stated on the webpage already).

·
Registered
11 Posts
No offence, but I'm not surprised! Their pricing strategies are frankly none of your business. I can see how he might want to answer whether he is an authorised dealer or not, but other than that I don't think there is enough time in the world to spend 30 minutes or more to spend on replying to your email. If they did that with every potential (that is the key word here) customer, they'd never get anything done! I'm pretty sure they get more than 16 emails per day. ;-)

BTW, their webpage clearly states that all watches are guaranteed genuine and shipped with original paperwork. Why ask those question all over again???

P.S. I do think you should ask questions. But keep it simple and to the point! No one likes answering a question written in the form of a long novel (especially if some of the answers are clearly stated on the webpage already).

Why not my or customer business?They can put any price on their product.Thats their business not mine(like you said)I know whats my business or not but if they do this business they have to answer customer questions.If customer is going to spent money, they have a right to ask and learn everything about that product am I right?if you go any shop to buy something they will answer any question you ask.If you not happy with their answers simply you not gonna buy.Some online shops they say,they are authorized on their web but when we ask to manufacturer they said:they are not.So as a customer we like to be sure company and the product we buy.

I didnt tell them, why your prices are like that etx?Their price can be a dollar or $10 000 not my problem.As a customer I wanted to learn, they are all same watchers (PRG 500),same shop,same information about all watches on their page.So I asked what makes the original prices are very different.Whats wrong with that? Maybe I asked too much but I did because some customer says didnt come with in the original box or one said he had it one month later,one said he had to give custom tax etx.So instead of believing this people straight away I thought I better ask to company to be sure.Anything wrong with that? For me not!They can get much more than 16 mails a day, they do business.If only 16 very good.I thought might be around hundred.Any other company they answer.Even they answer late,they send short mail and say;we will check and get back to you.Thats not hard am I right?There are some sayings about business:Customer is always right even they wrong or customers are our bosses.Not us but they have to be patient to customer.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Well, good luck with the wait. As I said, they tell you that their watches are 100% authentic, and they answer some other questions that you asked in your original email. As to why other shops sell the same watch for more, or whether they get their stock from Japan or from their country's distributor - how is that your business?

Don't get me wrong, ask any question you like, and give your money to whom you like. But, as others have pointed out here - they are a genuine dealer, and I think they probably get several hundred emails each day. Personally, I am not surprised that they do not have time to answer questions about where they get their stock from, why they are cheaper than someone else (how could they possibly know, they are not running the other business)? And I definitely don't know why they should have the slightest clue why an Australian dealer is so much more expensive, when they don't own and operate an Australian business? Why don't you sell an email to the Aussie dealer and ask them?

Let me put it this way - if they only spend 5 minutes on answering each email (and your would take at least four times that long - going online to see what their competitors are up to, then coming up with possible reason for it, then typing it out for you), and they get 150 emails per day, that's 12.5 hours of work for one person! Seeing that they probably work an 8-hour day, maybe 10, they would be falling behind already. They could put more staff on, but then they'd probably have to put their prices up. It's a Catch-22, and I will say it again - I'm not surprised you're still waiting for an answer.

If you want an answer, keep it short and to the point! I'm pretty sure you will have better luck. I have always had a reply from Adrian. Always.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, good luck with the wait. As I said, they tell you that their watches are 100% authentic, and they answer some other questions that you asked in your original email. As to why other shops sell the same watch for more, or whether they get their stock from Japan or from their country's distributor - how is that your business?

Don't get me wrong, ask any question you like, and give your money to whom you like. But, as others have pointed out here - they are a genuine dealer, and I think they probably get several hundred emails each day. Personally, I am not surprised that they do not have time to answer questions about where they get their stock from, why they are cheaper than someone else (how could they possibly know, they are not running the other business)? And I definitely don't know why they should have the slightest clue why an Australian dealer is so much more expensive, when they don't own and operate an Australian business? Why don't you sell an email to the Aussie dealer and ask them?

Let me put it this way - if they only spend 5 minutes on answering each email (and your would take at least four times that long - going online to see what their competitors are up to, then coming up with possible reason for it, then typing it out for you), and they get 150 emails per day, that's 12.5 hours of work for one person! Seeing that they probably work an 8-hour day, maybe 10, they would be falling behind already. They could put more staff on, but then they'd probably have to put their prices up. It's a Catch-22, and I will say it again - I'm not surprised you're still waiting for an answer.

If you want an answer, keep it short and to the point! I'm pretty sure you will have better luck. I have always had a reply from Adrian. Always.
Then better I ask questions one by one and send separate mail for eachone.You right about that.Because when I sent them mail few weeks ago they respond a day later.One of my friend sent a mail to them after me and they respond him.Like you said these watches are very expensive in Australia.I did ask.They just said ,different market thats all

I dont know their business system or how many people work for them etx?My couisan have a business we cant even talk because every 5 minutes somebody call him.he get upset but still open the phone and talk minutes.But he upset not because of getting mails and phones.he upset because he says:I have 2 secretary in the factory.people in the office but people still calling me.You know what I mean?If you do business you have to think everything.Specially online business.You have to think I might get a lot of mail everyday and if you dont have enough worker and dont want to hire somebody think something about that How can answer or how can I answer quickly.

I use to work a place long time ago and back then no bar codes.Sometime customer come he look around 30 min.and buy nothing and I use to stand 30 min too.Sometime customer was asking question 20 min. after that he buy only a little think or not even buy.I use to upset too.Time is money..But if you do business you ve to think all these things.There will be stupid customers, like me asking long questions and after that maybe buy nothing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered one of the more expensive g-shock's.After almost two days of no acknowledgement and me emailing them regarding the order, they emailed back that they did not have it in stock (no such indication in their web-page) . Usual stalling tactics that they now have it in back-order and offering the selection of another watch, which is plain silly. I asked for a refund,emailing them twice, but no action has been taken yet.... I am really unhappy with their procedures... I hope this does not escalate to a paypal dispute, but accepting money for something you do not carry in stock, while indicating nothing of this sort, is bad customer practice.... I was hoping for much better based on the previous posts... I hope they come through,but the experience has been bad till now.
PS I finally got a refund. I can neither recommend them nor dissuade anyone from buying from them. Emailing them to make sure they have something in stock before ordering is probably the best solution.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a similar experience with the watch being ordered "was out of stock." Adrian was very helpful and asked if I would like a different watch. I told him no and that I would wait for his stock to replenish. It was an additional week. I received that watch fine in about 21/2 weeks. I was willing to wait and he delivered.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
I ordered one of the more expensive g-shock's.After almost two days of no acknowledgement and me emailing them regarding the order, they emailed back that they did not have it in stock (no such indication in their web-page) . Usual stalling tactics that they now have it in back-order and offering the selection of another watch, which is plain silly. I asked for a refund,emailing them twice, but no action has been taken yet.... I am really unhappy with their procedures... I hope this does not escalate to a paypal dispute, but accepting money for something you do not carry in stock, while indicating nothing of this sort, is bad customer practice.... I was hoping for much better based on the previous posts... I hope they come through,but the experience has been bad till now.
PS I finally got a refund. I can neither recommend them nor dissuade anyone from buying from them. Emailing them to make sure they have something in stock before ordering is probably the best solution.
I had a similar experience with the watch being ordered "was out of stock." Adrian was very helpful and asked if I would like a different watch. I told him no and that I would wait for his stock to replenish. It was an additional week. I received that watch fine in about 21/2 weeks. I was willing to wait and he delivered.
I actually had a similar experience when I bought my first Seiko. It was the SNDA57 that I wanted, the bead blasted military chrono. I ordered from Skywatches, and was told after I paid that the the watch was out of stock, but they were expecting them. At the time I was in an impatient mood, so I requested a refund which I got. I then ordered the watch's stainless cousin, the SNDA67 from Amazon, only to get an email hours later from Skywatches saying, hey, it's in stock now. In all honesty, I expected at least a few days/up to a week for the watch to return to stock, not like literally the next day. It was half confusion/suspicion toward Skywatch, but also half my own impatience. If I'd just waited, I think everything would have gone fine. Luckily, I liked the SS chrono more than I thought I would.

It just seemed rather odd and convenient for Skywatches to be out of stock, take my money, refund it, then get the watch back in stock...

However, a few months later I was out for the SNZG15, and Skywatches seemed to have the best price/availability. There were no problems with this order and I had the watch in about 4 days-- the week before Christmas. I had been expecting a loooong shipping delay too, and it came quicker 'n hell.

In that respect, Skywatches for the most part redeemed itself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am not recommending necessarily, but i know someone who seemed to get great price / great service from superchrono.com - maybe worth a look?

Colin
DO NOT use superchrono!!! What a nightmare. Ordered a watch that never came. Sent repeated e-mails asking what happened and asking for a tracking number and was only told it was resent, or it would be resent after they had told me it was resent a week earlier. I couldn't trust anything they told me and I never got the things I asked them for as in the tracking number or the explanation...they avoided it entirely in their emails of 3-4 words. Very frustrating and no phone number to contact anyone. Finally had to get a refund from Paypal that I am waiting on now. Horrible experience. I didn;t realize that I was ordering from Singapore until AFTER I placed the order. To be honest, I think this is more of a Singapore issue than an individual watch company. I am not prejudiced by any means, but when it comes to business and customer service that we expect in the U.S.; these places fall severely short in many ways. I have seen numerous complaints on a few of these Singapore companies and they all seem to revolve around poor communication and customer service. What is acceptable behavior to them is not to us, so buyer beware when you order from here and make sure you use Paypal. I had heard that Skywatches was better than this place and also Creationwatches, but when it does go south on some orders, the main complaint is similar to what I described and experienced.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts