WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I was trawling for Raketa catalogues, and came across a large Slava catalogue here

Probably people already know about it but, if not, enjoy!

Paul

[Edit - oops. should have been "Slava". I haven't found a good slave catalogue yet.]

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Slave catalogue

Aha! Sorry for not crediting you, [mchap] - I didn't realize where it had come from.

Cheers,
Paul

·
Registered
214 Posts

Aha! Sorry for not crediting you, [mchap] - I didn't realize where it had come from.

Cheers,
Paul
The most important quesione is another one.

People really look at the catalogs? use them? or just accumulate them?

I wonder why I have bought and published several catalogs and are about to publish more.
Slava of catalogs available, there are only two (one is a brochure), published in this always me.
Scan a catalog is a very tedious and sometimes spoils the catalog.
I just finished scanning a catalog of 377 pages! you can imagine how long it took.

Is it worth continuing? are useful to someone? anyone use them before making the usual questions?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I can imagine how long 377 pages takes!

For myself, I definitely use the Raketa catalogues (and others with Petrodvoretz watches). For me, the only absolute confirmation of the validity of a watch is to see it in a catalogue. So, I try to assign catalogue numbers to all of my watches and, conversely, I try to find all watches shown in the catalogue.

So, for me, one catalogue is worth more than ten watches!

Best wishes,
Paul

·
Registered
768 Posts
Mchap,... I too find the catalogues very useful! I've spent many hours looking through your scanned pages wondering if I could find all my favorites!
Your hard work is worth it!
Thank you.

·
Registered
530 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.