WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

While browsing through komandirskie.com I found the Slava Mir which should be a re-edition of a 70 model.

I know that Slava is back in business but my question is if anybody knows how good are the new watches?
30.000 rubles is quite an high price compared to modern Vostok (not to modern Raketa, and this is another topic), does the watch have a good value?

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,197 Posts
Old-stock movement in a modern case that has the appearance of the vintage Slava style, but with modern funky colours and modern larger size. ~390USD seems a bit higher than most people on this forum would pay for a watch of this spec.

Размер: 43 мм, H=14
Механизм часов: Слава 2427 (механика)
Функции: Часы, минуты, секунды, дата, день недели, атоподзавод
Запас хода: 31 час
Средний суточный ход: -25-+60 сек/сутки
Корпус: Нержавеющая сталь с покрытием
Водонепроницаемость: 10 атм
Стекло: Минеральное
Ремень (Браслет): Натуральная кожа 22мм
Гарантия: 1 год

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Old-stock movement in a modern case that has the appearance of the vintage Slava style, but with modern funky colours and modern larger size. ~390USD seems a bit higher than most people on this forum would pay for a watch of this spec.

It's more than I would like to pay for it too!
I just wanted to know if somebody knows if it's worth. Like, perceived quality etc.
(my guess is no!)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I would love to get this watch. Price is not a problem but my financial state is. 😁

Slava is also to launch, limited edition though, TV and maybe Sadko. I am glad they are still in business.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,197 Posts
Given the price of their limited editions, I suspect many potential buyers will be prioritising in order of; Sadko, TV, Mir.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Given the price of their limited editions, I suspect many potential buyers will be prioritising in order of; Sadko, TV, Mir.
I agree.
The offer from Komandirskie is pretty good (given also the exchange rate with rubles now) BUT it is still very difficult to me to buy sight unseen something over, let's say 200$. This was the whole point regarding modern Slava (but also on larger scale regarding modern Raketa).
I do collect watches and I am always ready to spend money on them but as every collector I still want to have the feeling to have found a bargain. I have never seen a modern Slava watch first person; maybe they are worth a Tissot, maybe a Cadisen for 60$ with a miyota is way better than this 400$ Slava. How to find it out without a distributor that can show them to me and without a review (I mean.. there are paid adverts that pass as reviews, well they are not)?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
As a potential buyer, I have to say that watch.ru-Sadko is already paid.

TV is more expensive than Mir. But I would like to have them all...

·
Premium Member
6,684 Posts
Out of these two models which do you prefer? I've had my eyes on this one for a few months:

But for some reason I'm drawn to this version with the coat of arms in place of "Slava"

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
100% agree. Don't like complex symbols etc. First one a lot cleaner.. Is the one I was considering myself!
I don’t feel so bad now. First one is a tidy bit of design and the end product holds together nicely.

Apologies about saying the second one was cheap and nasty. If it has patriotic implications and that is important to you then that’s a goer too.

I’m still in the same place, the first one is tidier, complete, has no baggage and just looks like a nice watch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts