WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An article on an interesting watch for...somebody I guess? :-s In the "Personal Tech" section of today's NY Times online.

It says "The Sleeptracker watch contains a tiny motion sensor--an accelerometer, like the one in the iPhone. It attempts to identify, by your restless nighttime movements, the moments during the night when you nearly wake up (or wake up momentarily but don't remember)."

The point, apparently, is "You can connect the watch to a USB cable and upload a record of the night's near-wakeups to a companion Windows program. It shows you a timeline of each night's sleep, with tick marks that represent those near-wakeups, and a place to record factors like caffeine or naps so that you can spot correlations."

Hmmm....:think:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/23/technology/personaltech/23pogue-email.html?_r=1&8cir&emc=cira1

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Saw this online b4 n was actually contemplating on getting 1 just for the novelty of it until better judgement took over. So what if it tracks how much i move when i'm asleep? Not like i can change that. I think the selling point is its alarm that's supposed to wake u at the best time i.e. when u are not in the deep stages of sleep. But think i'll make do with my alarm from my cellphone. After all,when it's time to get up,it's time to get up,deep sleep or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts