WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a little accident at home yesterday. I'll spare you the details of my clumsiness, but basically I fell forward into the corner of a wall, hitting very hard with my arm, which basically slid across the corner of the wall. It occurred to me a minute later to look at my watch, which happened to be my Sinn. I was slightly horrified to see what looked like 2-3 small areas where the PVD coating came off of the bracelet, but I couldn't see it clearly enough to know for sure. I tried wiping it off but it did not come off...

I looked more closely under a magnifying glass. Just looking at it, it looked exactly like the black hard coating had scratched right off in several areas. But....after using a fingernail on it, it wiped away!! Turned out there was no damage after all. I was greatly relieved! :)

Here's my U1-ST, still looking good! ;-)

Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good news, and that is one sweet U1.
Thank you. And I made the mistake of coming to this forum (first time in awhile) and reading about the new U50. However, I don't want a U50 as I love the 44mm size.

BUT - I remembered when I bought my U1-ST that I also really liked the U1 on bracelet w/black dial/red hands.... then I entered into a 20 minute convo w/myself about why I should or should not get it. I guess I can thank covid-19. I could be gone later this year or next year, who knows. That did it. Got another U1 on the way as of this afternoon!! ;-)

The U1 black dial/red hands on bracelet is different enough from my U1-ST that I can easily justify keeping them both. And I will! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts