WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This is my first post though I have been lurking for a while in order to gather information prior to purchasing my first Omega.

In the end, I chose the Bond Seamaster GMT (2535.80) as I travel a fair bit and am a sucker for display backs. I ordered it from my local AD back in September, and was informed that as there were none in the country (UK) there would be a six week waiting time.

Six weeks came and went, and I was then told it would be another four weeks. The AD has now contacted me to tell me that there will be an additional delay until the end of December. This will take the total wait to over three months.

As you can imagine, I am fairly frustrated at this point and I am considering cancelling my order and trying to resource it from somewhere else. However, before I do that I would like to ask the forum if anyone else has experienced availability problems with this model (or any other new Omegas) of late. If there is a genuine problem, and this is not just the AD messing me around, I don't want to risk incurring an even longer wait by starting afresh.

Thanks in advance,

Oli

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Oli. Sorry to hear about the looong delay for your GMT. I haven't personally heard of any supply issues, but I'm in another part of the world and haven't been in the market for one, so it probably doesn't mean much.

I'd probably call a few other ADs and see if they give you the same story.

Hang in there and good luck.

eric

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I have one and I saw one at my dealer the other day (here in Amsterdam). I see them not as frequent as others though.
In the end, they are worth the wait!

Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, all. It's encouraging to hear that there are some out in the wild, even if I may have to take a day trip to Amsterdam. :-d

I have a couple of other ADs that I can try locally, I just thought I would put the question out here first as in my experience enthusiasts tend to be more knowledgable than salespersons.

Thanks again, I'll post some pictures when I finally get my hands on the GMT!

Oli

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Oli,

I am having the same problem in Canada. I ordered the 2535.80 (also a sucker for the see-thru back) in October 2007. I was told at the time 3-4 weeks. I'm still waiting, I was told there were none in the country and there were approximately 20 on order for Canada. The only thing that subdues my frustration is how good it will look on my wrist :). Enjoy it when it comes I know I will.

Sam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts