WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lovely 44mm Steinhart Pilot Auto, which is great, but I am always thinking it's slightly too big for my 6.5 inch wrist.

See thread -

https://www.watchuseek.com/f275/my-new-pilot-44mm-no-524-a-477103.html

I think that 40-42mm would be perfect.....

(I know it's supposed to be big by the way)

I believe Stowa do a 40mm Pilot, but cannot justify their price compared to the Steinhart.

Is there anyone else who thinks that a smaller version would be a good idea?

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
G'day muffle,

If I may add just before others begin contributing in this thread, unless something drastic changes at the hallowed halls of Steinhart a smaller sized Nav.B (40-42mm) is not on the cards. Ofcourse, never say never but as it is now, smaller Nav.B's are not coming. There are other companies already doing the smaller size so they have that niche & Steinhart have the 44 & 47mm niche of the market.

Steinhart do listen to the ideas from customers though so at least they are aware of what is being discussed & to what extent. So posing these types of questions like yours can only help. Apologies for the downer...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Riker:

Do you know if there is any plans to make the Nav B-uhr Black in 44mm?
Thats my only wish from Steinhart this year.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Hmmmm, you know what, I don't know..:-s ..... To be honest it isn't a model I have devoted much thought to or spoken about with Gunter or Triton. I know it would have been looked at but what the outcome will be...? Could just be on the backburner for a while or maybe it has been shelved, can't say at the moment...

All I can say on this one is keep watching mate...

Riker:

Do you know if there is any plans to make the Nav B-uhr Black in 44mm?
Thats my only wish from Steinhart this year.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I have a lovely 44mm Steinhart Pilot Auto, which is great, but I am always thinking it's slightly too big for my 6.5 inch wrist.

See thread -

https://www.watchuseek.com/f275/my-new-pilot-44mm-no-524-a-477103.html

I think that 40-42mm would be perfect.....

(I know it's supposed to be big by the way)

I believe Stowa do a 40mm Pilot, but cannot justify their price compared to the Steinhart.

Is there anyone else who thinks that a smaller version would be a good idea?
By the way, there are more affordable alternatives to Stowa. Archimede comes to mind. They sell a 39mm and 42mm version of their Pilot.
I agree with you that it would be nice if Steinhart would start selling some smaller cases.

Cheers, LB

·
Registered
25 Posts
While were talking smaller, id love an aviation at 40-42mm.
I agree. That would be an instant buy for me.

The size is the only thing holding me back from Steinhart, I know it's part of their charm and their style - but for those of us with sub-7inch wrists they look to wear a little big.

Saying that, they are well priced enough that I think I'll try a 44mm to see how it looks. I've seen pics from others who seem to make it work on smaller wrists.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would give a lot of thought before buying an aviation and hoping for the best,ive read the the lug length is 56MM - thats big on anyones wrist because its a square case,they would over hang on mine :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think that Laco and Archimede compare to Steinhart quality-wise (not that I have seem them in person). The Stowa I'm sure would but seems way overpriced to me.

It's not the case size that's big it's the fact that the watch is all face with little or no bezel that makes it wear big. A Panerai wears smaller on my wrist.

Stateless - go for it! It's a nice watch, I'm sure you'll love it. I think it's great value for money. The case, the crystal, the dial, the lume, the movement, the buckle, the hands -all superb.

The only thing I changed was the strap. One thing though. I chose the auto, however with hindsight I would now go for the Manual as the caseback bugs me. I would love to turn it over and look at the fab movement. Oh and I would choose a diamond crown (maybe!)

Riker - Would it possible for Steinhart to send me a Diamond crown and get a local watchsmith to change it for me?

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I don't think that Laco and Archimede compare to Steinhart quality-wise (not that I have seem them in person). The Stowa I'm sure would but seems way overpriced to me.
o|

How can anyone make such a blatantly erroneous claim off the cuff like that?!? I own examples of all those makes and can assure your opinion is an injustice to the truth.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I agree! Both Laco and Archimede have great quality! I don't understand why somebody would make such a statement, especially if you haven't seen one in person.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts