WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Y'all, I am just wondering.....

General response of GWF-1000 Atomic Frogman's size is, "it is too BIG." Definitely the size doesn't stop from ppl buying the Atomic Frogman first, it is limited. Second, Frogman does have lot of collectors behind the product. Which doesn't hide the logical fact, it is slightly big for majority's liking. If Americans say the watch is BIG, I doubt Japanese don't feel the same since Asian usually build tag smaller. There is no doubt the Atomic Frogman is perhaps the best looking Frogman from its botton design, moon tide graph and still carried the heritage from 8200 with expose metal.

My question is, how much likely Casio will produce an Atomic Frogman that has exactly the design as current GWF-1000 but down size to 8200 in future to attract more buyer, collectors?

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
I actually think the 200 series are the best looking frogs, and the best size. I would like the module of the atomic in a 200-style resin, though.... I hope they downsize the atomics in the future. I would buy a smaller version of the same atomic frog that is available today. I don't think Casio is going to shrink them anytime soon, though. It is somehow easier to justify paying a large price for something that is large, and a shrunken atomic frog may not command the same high prices as today's models, psychologically speaking.

I agree that most Japanese probably have wrists too small for the atomics out today. The frogman was never meant as a watch for the majority, though. It is purely for the fanatics.

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
I agree that most Japanese probably have wrists too small for the atomics out today. The frogman was never meant as a watch for the majority, though. It is purely for the fanatics.
...and for those with large enough wrists ;-)

·
Registered
169 Posts
LOL, that's what I call stepping on dog's tail. Now many will jump in to argue with you :)
I think he is bang on.

Not many fairweather fans are going to spend that kind of money on a Frog. Most would find something cosmetically comparable in a 6900 or 5600 style and price point.

Cam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts