WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not often that I've seen anything said about these beauties on the WUS IWC forum. I am considering purchasing one (SS version w/ silver face/gold numbers) and wanted to get people's thoughts on the watch re: aesthetics, rarity, the fact that it uses a JLC movement and it's place in the Portuguese heirarchy.

If anyone who owns one would comment on their ownership experience I would appreciate it as I've never seen one in person.

This would be my first IWC and I'm pumped to join the club. I'm typically an Omega/Rolex guy but it's time to branch out. I'm debating between this watch and the Dorunbluth 99.1 (which is 42mm as opposed to the 3531's 35mm case).

Here is a borrowed picture:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I own the steel black face one and I fell in love with it seeing a friend with the steel white face model. It was a wedding gift from my wife in 2000.

It is a very nice watch from both front and back, a little small for today´s trends but a great buy all in all. In fact my wife wears it more than I do.

Two drawbacks: power reserve and accuracy are not that great IMHO.

My two cents. Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
One of the most beautiful timepieces that has ever been produced, in my opinion. For those who have not seen one in the metal is missing a real treat. Power reserve is dead on 42 hours with the timekeeping never deviating from +2 seconds a day. Absolutely the finest dial and case work seen in a modern day IWC, or any other brand, for that matter. Have a look and you be the judge. As a dress watch, it may be unequaled...Amelia

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still can't find one of these beauties. Has anyone seen one for sale anywhere. Any help locating one would be appreciated.

·
Registered
148 Posts
A very nice watch, which although somewhat small by today's standards, is more appropriate as a dress watch in this size than the current 42mm model. I would love to see IWC offer the Portugese in a mid sized version around 38mm. I believe that I saw a recent small Portugese for sale on another forum with an asking price of $4550.00. That seems high to me, but I'm not sure what the official value is.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I know of a yellow gold 3531 for sale at an AD in Flanders with an asking price of 6500 €. If I'm correct in converting this would be about 9000$. It has been for sale for six months, so far nobody bought it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts