WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a movement that has small seconds at 3. Odd I know. We have googled ever way of asking the question to no avail. 6, 9, 12, no problem. Is this a thing that doesn't exist? If not, can someone explain why?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi Fudson,
There would be an issue with the fourth wheel (seconds wheel) interfering with the stem.
One movement that comes to mind is ETA 2825-2 (2824-2 with module) but available to swatch group members only. You might have to cannibalize a new Certina, Hamilton or Tissot :D.
I don't know if custom/far east 7750 with several gears to transfer subsecond to 3 exist.
Last not least one of those backset backwinders (search --> ATO Backwinder).
Klaus

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,778 Posts
If you mean a simple non-chronograph movement with a seconds sub-dial aligned with the crown, then realistically I can't see that happening. To clear the stem, the second hand would need to be indirectly driven on the dial side of the movement, so you would need a really good reason to go to the effort.

Otherwise if you simply mean a watch with the seconds subdial at 3 o'clock, regardless of where the crown is located, then it's simply a matter of rotating the movement in the case. In fact I think I may have somewhere seen a crown-at-9/ seconds-at-3 watch.

And if you have seen a watch with both the crown and a single sub-dial located at 3 o'clock, then it is possible the sub-dial serves some other purpose, such as power-reserve indicator.

·
Registered
598 Posts
There are lots of them out there if you can live with LHD...

I know the UN isn't at 3 o'clock z but it's too cool to leave out.😜
Screenshot_20210115-134354.jpg
Screenshot_20210115-134401.jpg
Screenshot_20210115-134414.jpg
Screenshot_20210115-134431.jpg
Screenshot_20210115-134450.jpg

I suggest you make search with "left hand drive" as your only criteria and look for the ones with small seconds. They'll pretty much all be at 3 o'clock...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts