WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Watchuseekers,

I'd like to share with you a document I've been working on for a few days now. It's a list of watches with small seconds from current collections:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tdMsP-ZLaRA7G1cb20AvWxDHlI1pqbXDUPjV0gmreSQ/edit

What are your thoughts? Did I miss something important? Especially in the 5000-10000 USD range - is there anything that I missed (from current collections)? I've been craving for a first hand thin small seconds watch but as far as I can tell the simpler and more elegant the watch the higher the price, which is ridiculous but true nonetheless ;)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

S.

PS. When talking "simple" I mean of course the dial, the movement I want as decorated as possible :)

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Nomos has a bunch of (reasonably) affordable small second watches, seem simple and elegant enough to me

Untitled.jpg

·
Registered
181 Posts
Armand Nicolet do a small seconds guilloche style, I think its the ls8.
It's lower budget than most of those listed, think RRP is about $9k but realistically people pay about $2k for them grey market.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies. A real shame that Rolex Cellini Prince is no longer in a current collection. It looked really nice. That's another sad fact that many good looking watches are retracted very quickly from the offer. Nomos is too thick and too Bauhaus for my taste. Armand Nicolet L11 looks good too but 4400 CHF for a watch with movement from the 50s.... I'm sure the manufacture costs enough to justify but just ... what for ;) Maybe someone else has something more? :) I really appreciate if the watch is less than 10mm thick and has some sophistication to the hands and indices, preferably if both are multifaceted. I also like to have the to-the-minute and to-the-second resolution on the respective dials. Minimalist watches like Louis Erard 1931, Epos 3408 or from the crazy expensive side H Moser with those recent minimalist faces - a big no no for me, quite ridiculous to be honest.

·
Registered
15,674 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: monza06

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That Hentschel movement looks a lot like the one on RGM 801-E or is it just me? It's some sort of Unitas clone?

·
Registered
15,674 Posts
That Hentschel movement looks a lot like the one on RGM 801-E or is it just me? It's some sort of Unitas clone?
Dunno, you have to ask them . . .

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Being a dive watch, it may not be exactly what you had in mind, but at 11.5mm, it is relatively thin for a watch with 500m WR. The movement is the Parmesiani-Fleurier Twin Barrel. It is Aquadive's only watch with a display case back. It is still available on the Aquadive website.

Reactions: anabuki

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Forgot to mention I don't like date windows and lume ;) But otherwise an interesting find, I think I checked out Damasko once already but didn't find anything without lume and date. The date window is a real plague of our times - good for Alzheimer's patients but otherwise quite nonsensical, right? ;)

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
The date window is a real plague of our times - good for Alzheimer's patients but otherwise quite nonsensical, right? ;)
I use the date window all the time; haven't detected any memory impairment otherwise. But then again, would I even be aware of it if I had it?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Agreed. Given a choice of any model of watch with or without I would always choose the version without a date window.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I would give the Montblanc small second a look they have a lot to offer for the money compared to the competition of late.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would give the Montblanc small second a look they have a lot to offer for the money compared to the competition of late.
thanks but so much lume. i perceive it as rather undressy. and 44mm diameter? no go for me. wasn't montblanc a pens comapny? lol ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts