WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure that I'm rehashing an old discussion, but does anyone know if there have been rumors of a new "smaller" model in the works to replace the 1200? I realize they've got their hands full with getting the M31s and the new 1500s into our grubby paws, but nonetheless I'm curious...

Thanks!

·
7,911 Posts
Well right now they have the actual 1200t in stock. I don't think they would be looking to replace it until they are close to selling out of all models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You make an excellent point re the current availability of the 1200t; I was really just wondering if anyone had insight into future plans, assuming that the development of a new model must require many months.

·
Registered
747 Posts
This is why I grabbed a 1200t Sharkie back in May. Wanted to get the smaller sized Doxa before they were gone. I think eventually Doxa will bring back the more traditional size, the question will be when?

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I had a 1200T Searambler that I still think is one of the best looking watches going, but in the end the 600T was/is the best model for me. L X W it's the same as the 1200T (or nearly), but the flat caseback lowers the profile so it's less top-heavy and more comfortable to wear. Also, due to the bracelet's construction and thinner case it's 3/4 oz - 1 oz lighter. I'm a fan of smaller watches though so anything that shaves a few millimeters or ounces here or there is going to suit me best.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
and this time around, a 600t searambler would be awesome.
I'd own two DOXAs if that was the case. I could be wrong, but I think the more functional a watch is the more toolish it gets. They don't necessarily need to grow wider, longer, heavier and taller to be capable and stay relevant. I understand the desire for wrist presence and the need to offer larger watches for bigger wrists, but I see the 600T as DOXA's Submariner, SM300, Benrus Type 1/2... It's the sort of classically proportioned diver a brand like DOXA ought to always have in its collections - maybe that could mean small batches of limited editions. Add a turquoise dial and I'd own three DOXAs!

I say all this with no insight into the company's bottom line so in that regard I'm as ignorant as I can be in making the statement above.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
that's some big time company there, lots of history, record of achievement, timeless classic design and style. I just want it in a silver dial :)
Yup. Went back and forth for months trying to decide whether to keep my Searambler or not. That dial / hands combination just kills.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That 600 case sounds fantastic. I had a 1200 Pro and while I loved the length and width, I found it too tall for my liking. I let it go in favor of another 750. I think I might need to give a 600 a try. Maybe a Dstar, if I can ever find one...

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
That 600 case sounds fantastic. I had a 1200 Pro and while I loved the length and width, I found it too tall for my liking. I let it go in favor of another 750. I think I might need to give a 600 a try. Maybe a Dstar, if I can ever find one...
Without any hesitation I can say the 600T solved my DOXA fit issues - all related to height then weight. There are some trade-offs but none of them bothered me much. Age is another factor. My used 600T was 10 years old so a service is probably in order before it goes near the water. That may need to be factored in the true cost of the watch.

·
Sinn Moderator
9,805 Posts
Another vote for the re-issue of the 600T! I had one which I wish I had not sold. Don't get me wrong, I'm crazy about my 1200T Professional, but sure would like a 600T as well. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I'm holding out for a 1200T style with a lower-profile caseback. For me I like a thick case, but I like to see it sit more flush with the wrist, bubble back casebacks need not apply. :) Something along the lines of the thickness from the 300T reissue circa 2000 but in the 1200T classic design.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I'm holding out for a 1200T style with a lower-profile caseback. For me I like a thick case, but I like to see it sit more flush with the wrist, bubble back casebacks need not apply. :) Something along the lines of the thickness from the 300T reissue circa 2000 but in the 1200T classic design.
I think that would be possible if no HRV.

·
Registered
10,099 Posts
Or just go vintage, for not much more (and sometimes less) than a new one. Unless you plan on diving it. I owned a US Divers 300T Sharkhunter. Great vintage watch. Wonderful on the wrist. Felt thinner than the 1000T too. Sold it for what I paid for it, and have regretted that decision frequently since. I may at some point try to get another vintage Doxa - just an amazing deal for what that watch represents to maritime exploration history.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I just sold my 1200 Searambler for the same reason, the case back is too tall....my 600 is very comfortable :)
Doxa Divingstar 600T.JPG

Reactions: ljb187
1 - 19 of 19 Posts