WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,
Guess that's a long list.
Been studying watchuseek for about 30 hours.
Started by loving the oceanus. But it is too pricey.
CASIO OCEANUS OCW-S100-1AJF Then liked the citizen;
Citizen Men's AT4010-50E Titanium Dress WatchNow moved on to the Casio lineage models.
CASIO LINEAGE (LCW-M170TD-1AJF) ~ $233CASIO LINEAGE LIW-M610TDS-1A2JF ~ $299I'm leaning towards the last one, as I'd like to not have any LCD.
Now my questions:
Why gives on the models prefixes for the lineage LCW and LIW ? It doesn't make sense to me.
It the second one says its a 2015 model. Any advantage to that?

Right now, I'm wearing my father's watch that he gave me before passing away. Rolex oyster perpetual datejust, from ~ 1970.
Hadn't worn it in a while as I didn't want to lose it. But it's such a nice watch, it got me interested in getting a "daily driver".
Jonathan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That citizen is a very nice watch. Little expensive for me.
It has better water performance than the Casios. That last Casio I mention has a version with all black dials,LIW-M610TDS-1AJFThis Citizen and that Casio seem very very similar.
Thank you
jonathan

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi treepeony,

I just bought the liw m610tds a month ago! Like you, I wanted a watch that was all analog so i didn't go for the other lineage models. It is very light, has sapphire glass and is very comfortable to wear. The watch has a very fine finish to it, and looks really good in person. Also, this watch has a 24 hour stopwatch and timer, which makes it better than most g-shocks ;) The alarm is of decent loudness as well. If you are looking for a more fully-featured all-analog dress watch, I highly recommend the m610.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh and also on the manual it says water resistant to 5atm, but at the casio service center they water tested mine up to 10atm and it's fine :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and also on the manual it says water resistant to 5atm, but at the casio service center they water tested mine up to 10atm and it's fine :D
Thanks for the information. May I ask if you got the gold accented one or the plain black version. Jonathan

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about water resistance. There's no credible "horsepower" boasting to be done with water resistance, for non-dive watches. Most of these watches are rated to at least 50M or more. And that's perfectly fine for swimming. I wouldn't suggest use for diving, because... well, these aren't dive rated watches.

Citizen has made many, many watches along these lines. You may want to browse used but great condition examples on "that auction site", if anything to get a better idea of what has been made, but also the opportunity to save a lot of money.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
A few of the PRW3000/3100 variants are using either titanium bracelet or sapphire glass, or both. Those could meet all 5 of the criteria in your title, that is if you like Digital only watches.

The PRW6000, which is analog-digital, also have variant that are using titanium or sapphire or both. Those could meet your criteria too, but not as small as the PRW3000/3100.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up placing an order for the liw-610tds. Got the black only version. Seems to be a bargain at $300. The others are beautiful watches as well.
jonathan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts