WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often have back-to-back meetings, and if I don't pay close enough attention, it is easy for me to be significantly late to one due to the previous meeting running over. To help me avoid this, I got a Fossil Q.

At first, I noticed the vibration on my wrist but it never seemed very prominent. Since it was relatively week in the first place, after becoming accustomed to the watch, I usually don't notice the vibrating alerts.

So, I got a Kronaby. I have just started trying it, but I am not going to try more than a day or two, because if it doesn't meet my needs, I want to sell it. This is why I got a cheap silicone band for it; I don't want to mess up the leather band or steel bands it came with

So far, the vibrations seem like they may be a little bit stronger, and the 3-vibrate pattern I am using for calendar notifications does make it a little more noticeable, but I think this still may be insufficient.

So, I am at the point where I might have to go full-on smartwatch. I would love to hear which smartwatches (or hybrid smartwatches) my fellow WUS members find have the strongest vibrations. While I am currently using an Android device, I am debating between a Pixel and an iPhone for my next phone, so this question is phone OS agnostic.

Thank you, in advance, for your feedback.

·
Registered
18,214 Posts
If you can, go ahead and ask someone to let you strap their Apple Watch on your wrist for a few tests. It also has a "prominent haptics" setting that'll buzz-tap your wrist pretty well. I don't think I've ever missed an alert, and that includes using it as my morning alarm -- I wear it overnight in bed.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Pebble steel by far the best. Have to say better than the instinct too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had exactly the same issues -- needed a smartwatch with strong vibrations that I couldn't miss. I tried a couple of hybrids (Skagen and Misfit) and you couldn't feel the vibration at all. I now have a Samsung Galaxy Watch and you can't miss the alerts on that one. Very strong and noticeable.

As for compatibility, it's super compatible with Android and I know it works with Apple (but with reduced functionality IIRC).

·
Registered
374 Posts
The ZeTime from MyKronoz has VERY strong vibration. Strong enough that it can be hear, audibly, in an average office setting. You can even set different vibration patterns for different types of notifications. There are times I'll notice the watch vibrate, when I miss the vibration from the smartphone in my pocket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts