WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 110 Posts
TF shipping is very fast. I have a delivery estimate of tomorrow! Ordered Sunday and delivered Tuesday to NYC.

• Helpful
Reactions: tyrex13 and chas58
I don’t think there were bots, I was able to get a black one this morning, refreshed the page from 8:58 and as soon as I saw it available I purchased it.
But yeah by 9:01 est the black were gone already and the white was sold out shortly after.
I am not sure about the gilt version (the only one available this morning together with the white one) that was available but since the process is so quirky I just decided to try. I hope I like it as it is very difficult to fully understand how it looks from the pics.

Link please. All I can see on Ali-x are very poorly made copies but I’d be happy to get another watch with a similar quality for a fraction of the price
San Martin.

The ordering process is a PITA but the watches are really nice and worth the effort. Eddie’s is old, he has a one man operation, and he has to comply with the GB rules on shipping out orders within two weeks of credit card payment. He has one helper and they can only ship out 200 watches within that two week period after payment.

I have an Everest black dial, a Commando and a Sikver Jubilee. I was able to buy each one on my first attempt. You have to be very fast on the keyboard, however. All 3 arrived in perfect condition.

I have a 36mm Alpha Explorer, it is a very nice watch for the $ and easy to wear as it is so light, but it is not of the same quality as an Everest. Not even close.

I also have a San Martin vintage Explorer. It is not comparble to the Smiths, noticeably inferior to the Everest when it comes to the dial, the lume, the movement and the clasp.

The Smiths are a cut above all the other Explorer homages. They are far nicer watches than you would expect for the price. Highly recommended.

Watch Analog watch Product Clock Watch accessory

\Link please. All I can see on Ali-x are very poorly made copies but I’d be happy to get another watch with a similar quality for a fraction of the price
I traded my Smiths in for a San Martin. I would have sold the Smiths locally, but I got the thing broken (poor packaging, wouldn't run) and it cost me $100 to return the darn thing.

San Martin is 10x better in quality. The Smiths isn't bad (although that case is so generic, I bought one like that for $10). SM has a variety of sizes (36 & 39) variety of indexes (applied or just lume on dial), even a variety of dial colors. There isn't a huge difference (new) between the San Martin and the Rolex (other than the movement which is hugely different). Even the lume looks the same. The SM is bigger (really 35mm vs 37mm) and oddly wears slightly more comfortable than the 👑.

The Smiths isn't much difference than a "homage" watch I bought for $10, except that the lume is great, and the dial is pretty gorgeous.

SM I bought (black dial, no logo):

I hope no one will get offended here, but Smiths is a perfect example of artificial scarcity.
I feel like if these were available all the time less people would buy them.
Sorry but no.
I have been a customer of timefactors for over 15 years and I have followed the birth and evolution of the Smiths brand and the everest.
It is a watch that I wanted to buy since it was launched and at the beginning was readily available, no waiting time, no hype, none of the current nonsense.
But then it started getting attention and the demand started booming.
I was on the fence for it being made in HK instead of UK but at the end I regretted not buying it immediately as I honestly liked how it looked and the review talk about a very high quality watch.

So I ended up buying it and it was not that difficult, plus considering that they go on the secondary market for almost twice the price, if this was artificial scarcity Eddie would be a fool in the first place not to increase the price.

I think it is the brand name, even though TF and the owner has nothing to with Smiths, he did not even buy the name
from the original owner, people still connect this to the old Smiths
I don't hink it is the brand name but the overall watch. Eddie took a reference a real 1016 of his own collection and created something much better than any other homage or similar that was on the market at that time (a few years ago). At that time only the Zeno was available.
So it is also the quality and the design.

San Martin.
Sure, but that is not a "made in China rolex homage, you can buy those all day long on ali-x"

I traded my Smiths in for a San Martin. I would have sold the Smiths locally, but I got the thing broken (poor packaging, wouldn't run) and it cost me $100 to return the darn thing.

San Martin is 10x better in quality. The Smiths isn't bad (although that case is so generic, I bought one like that for $10). SM has a variety of sizes (36 & 39) variety of indexes (applied or just lume on dial), even a variety of dial colors. There isn't a huge difference (new) between the San Martin and the Rolex (other than the movement which is hugely different). Even the lume looks the same. The SM is bigger (really 35mm vs 37mm) and oddly wears slightly more comfortable than the 👑.

The Smiths isn't much difference than a "homage" watch I bought for $10, except that the lume is great, and the dial is pretty gorgeous.

SM I bought (black dial, no logo):
Ok, I didn't know they were on sale on Ali X as well.

10x seems a lot, I will have to check it out.

And isn't 'artificial scarcity' a familiar modus operandi in luxury goods (I'm looking at you, Rolex)?
So Timefactors is "luxury" now? I guess treating your customers like crap is what passes for luxury these days.

The ordering process is a PITA but the watches are really nice and worth the effort. Eddie’s is old, he has a one man operation, and he has to comply with the GB rules on shipping out orders within two weeks of credit card payment. He has one helper and they can only ship out 200 watches within that two week period after payment.

I have an Everest black dial, a Commando and a Sikver Jubilee. I was able to buy each one on my first attempt. You have to be very fast on the keyboard, however. All 3 arrived in perfect condition.

I have a 36mm Alpha Explorer, it is a very nice watch for the $ and easy to wear as it is so light, but it is not of the same quality as an Everest. Not even close.

I also have a San Martin vintage Explorer. It is not comparble to the Smiths, noticeably inferior to the Everest when it comes to the dial, the lume, the movement and the clasp.

The Smiths are a cut above all the other Explorer homages. They are far nicer watches than you would expect for the price. Highly recommended.

View attachment 17224983
Eddie is that you? 😂

Well, I have to say that it does look good and solid.
As I mentioned, I was not sure about the gilt finish as I always preferred the standard one but in real life it is very subtle and the way it reflects sunlight is very cool.
The dial looks polished/lacquered.

The feeling of the watch itself is definitely not cheap. Not bad at all, let’s wear it for a few days and see.

Watch Analog watch Clock Wrist Everyday carry

21 - 40 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.