WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than the fact that the 2054 has a 41.5mm dial as compared to the 2254’s 41mm dial, and was originally sold with a Bond bracelet rather than a Speedy-style bracelet, are there any actual differences between these two versions? I believe they have the same movement. I know the 2054 was the predecessor to the 2254. Otherwise, it’s the same watch. I own a 2054 and have it on the Speedy bracelet. I love it. Have you heard of any differences - real or perceived - that I’m not seeing?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Other than the fact that the 2054 has a 41.5mm dial as compared to the 2254’s 41mm dial, and was originally sold with a Bond bracelet rather than a Speedy-style bracelet, are there any actual differences between these two versions? I believe they have the same movement. I know the 2054 was the predecessor to the 2254. Otherwise, it’s the same watch. I own a 2054 and have it on the Speedy bracelet. I love it. Have you heard of any differences - real or perceived - that I’m not seeing?
Actually the dial is the same.
The only difference was the bracelet

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I meant to say that the 2054 is listed on Omega’s web site as having a 41.5mm case, while the 2254 is listed as having a 41mm case. Other than that, it’s just the different bracelet. The distinction is significant, however, because when it comes to servicing and replacement parts, Omega is very strict about what bracelet the watch was “born on.”

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Thanks. I meant to say that the 2054 is listed on Omega’s web site as having a 41.5mm case, while the 2254 is listed as having a 41mm case. Other than that, it’s just the different bracelet. The distinction is significant, however, because when it comes to servicing and replacement parts, Omega is very strict about what bracelet the watch was “born on.”
My Seamaster was sent to Omega for service last year. It's a 2055.80, but when I bought it a few years ago, I opted to get it with the "speedy" style bracelet, effectively making it a 2255.80. No issues were raised by Omega about the bracelet.

Reactions: fskywalker

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Only change is 1610/930 speedy style bracelet (left below) versus 1504/825 Bond (right).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts