Votes: 75 78.9%
  • Explorer II

Votes: 20 21.1%
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says… if, for the same cash, you could get a Speedy AND a SMP Diver, or an Explorer II… what would you do?

To keep it simple and more in keeping with the “big picture” hypothetical nature of the question, assume your choice of color, bracelet or strap, hesalite or sapphire, etc.

·
Registered
8,074 Posts

·
Registered
8,074 Posts
Speedy alone I'd still choose it over the Explorer II. Speedy and SMP? Please and thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,939 Posts
Like the title says… if, for the same cash, you could get a Speedy AND a SMP Diver, or an Explorer II… what would you do?

To keep it simple and more in keeping with the “big picture” hypothetical nature of the question, assume your choice of color, bracelet or strap, hesalite or sapphire, etc.
Well, I have the SMP and Speedy so I suppose my actions answered this; however, I am waiting for my Explorer II, so....

·
Registered
Seiko SPB153 Captain Willard
211 Posts
I'm a pretty big fan of Omega. And not a very big fan of Rolex. I've never really wanted one. The exception however is the Explorer II lol. So yeah that's a tough call. But i think I'll stay with the SMP and Speedy.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Explorer II. If you like it keep it. If not then sell it for more a few months later and buy what you want, and a few other watches to boot. What idiot would do anything else?

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
4,289 Posts
I love them all and am lucky enough to own them all. Tough decision but if they were going to be my only watches I'd probably go with two Omegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Bucks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not surprised at the winner in the poll so far... but gotta say I am a little surprised at the 22:1 margin.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Explorer II. If you like it keep it. If not then sell it for more a few months later and buy what you want, and a few other watches to boot. What idiot would do anything else?
I agree. Assuming in either scenario you're not keeping these watches for a lifetime, when it comes time to change, much easier to move one watch versus two. And you'll likely be losing money on each of those Omegas whilst you should at least be breaking even on the Exp 2.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree. Assuming in either scenario you're not keeping these watches for a lifetime, when it comes time to change, much easier to move one watch versus two. And you'll likely be losing money on each of those Omegas whilst you should at least be breaking even on the Exp 2.
Yea, the Expo II might be the best $$ choice… I guess I’m looking at it as holding on to them for a while.

·
Registered
Samsung Gear Sport
8,886 Posts
How about container of Casio f91 homages direct from china and you can
Wood Rectangle Yellow Font Art

On other hand listen to inner self, see what your spirit calls in the wild.
and share these thoughts!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts