63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Looking for opinions here.

I currently have a 3 piece combo meal deal
1. Blackblackblack - Rolex GMT LN
2. RootBeer - Rolex GMT CHNR TT
3. Cermit - Rolex Sub LV

I’m looking to add a Seamaster professional as my 4th watch. I like the idea of getting on bracelet but adding the rubber strap for versatility. This will be my first OMEGA.

I’m between the white dial with black bezel, and the classic blue. For those of you who have owned either or both - could you please comment and let me know what made you decide on one vs the other? I saw them both at the. AD and I felt the white looked better under the AD lights, but I live in Florida and this is going to be my beach/pool/summer watch and I’ll be enjoying this outdoors most often.

Lastly - I have considered the No Time to Die Bond Seamaster as well. Is it “worth” the up charge? Unfortunately the AD near me doesnt have one for me to look at. I would likely be buying it 2nd hand from a trusted grey dealer on the forums - so we are likely looking at around 4K for the seamaster vs 8k for the Bond seamaster.

Thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
5,026 Posts
I held both the white and the blue in my hands for a good ten minutes at the AD a couple of years ago trying to decide myself. At this time I had no blue dialled watches and I have a 16570 Polar so I ended up with the blue. Blue being the OG probably also swayed me. Had the new green been available then it would have been a three way decision.

Happy with the blue though. Really, I think I would have been happy with either.

Just another watch nerd.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I held both the white and the blue in my hands for a good ten minutes at the AD a couple of years ago trying to decide myself. At this time I had no blue dialled watches and I have a 16570 Polar so I ended up with the blue. Blue being the OG probably also swayed me. Had the new green been available then it would have been a three way decision.

Happy with the blue though. Really, I think I would have been happy with either.

Just another watch nerd.
Is that an OEM metal bracelet? looks pretty cool

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
I had a surfeit of black dialed watches, and a fair number of blue as well. Happily I went with the white.

Watch Analog watch Light Clock Rectangle

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am in the same dilemma as you, struggling to choose b/w those two and also the black.

The blue is the classic and most popular, but I think the black/white option pairs with more fun straps options to suit the beach.

I also looked at the NTTD but the lack of a ceramic bezel is putting me off vs the higher price.

p.s. I really like that pairing on the mesh.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Rolex three piece, Two GMT and a diver, and you want another diver from Omega. I think the white dial is the most striking with the contrasting black, but adding color, white or blue, to your collection, I believe, is a good idea. So either the blue or the white is a good choice. The watch is a very nice. comfortable, keeps accurate time, very legible dial in the day light, the lume on your Rolex is better under water. Since you have Rolex, remember It's not a Rolex and you can wear it everywhere and it looks pretty good on the wrist. Try to buy at the best price to maximize value.

·
Registered
7,727 Posts
I have both. The blue is a lot more versatile, but the white one really pops. With the ones you have, it seems the white one would be the one that would provide the most variety in your overall collection. Mine is on the bracelet right now. However, it looks really good on a Hirsch Accent.
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Watch accessory

The white strap makes for a great summer/beach combo.
Watch Analog watch Hand White Gesture

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rolex three piece, Two GMT and a diver, and you want another diver from Omega. I think the white dial is the most striking with the contrasting black, but adding color, white or blue, to your collection, I believe, is a good idea. So either the blue or the white is a good choice. The watch is a very nice. comfortable, keeps accurate time, very legible dial in the day light, the lume on your Rolex is better under water. Since you have Rolex, remember It's not a Rolex and you can wear it everywhere and it looks pretty good on the wrist. Try to buy at the best price to maximize value.
this is the exact reason I’m buying it. I’ve always liked it and like the idea that I can wear it everywhere. Crime is up in major cities and sometimes prefer not to worry about what I’m wearing

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
They are all fantastic. Owned the blue twice and the white twice. I have yet to own the NTTD. Blue is the best, 100%

·
Registered
287 Posts
I guess I'm going against the grain here but I've handled all three, really wanted to like them but the white was the least attractive to me (indoors at boutique). For whatever reason, the white dial and black bezel combo just looks somewhat cheap to me. The blue is striking but also doesn't look nearly as classy as the black. That said, I'm already purchasing a PO8900 in black as my next watch so if I do get an SMP300 (assuming I can stop hating the untapered bracelet) it'll most likely be in blue. It's a little childish, perhaps, but it's a classic and it stands out.

Now, the PO8900 with the white dial and creamsicle bezel...THAT one is just cool. If I had it my way, I'd have the PO in black, blue and white and the SMP in black, blue, green and silver. I really need to be born rich in my next life.

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
5,026 Posts
They are all fantastic. Owned the blue twice and the white twice. I have yet to own the NTTD. Blue is the best, 100%
Curious. If you've owned each twice you have gotten rid of them as well. How fantastic can they be?

Just another watch nerd.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Watch Light Silver Natural material Clock
Watch Analog watch Product Clock Silver
Watch Analog watch Arm Sleeve Gesture

For me, my collection is pretty good. I feel like I have the colors covered, although, because OMEGAS are so spectacular, I now want a white / orange PLANET OCEAN and I do not really even like orange. The white absolutely POPS in the sun and being that you live in the sunshine state, that would likely be my choice. I think my Pelagos is BADA__ but it gets the least wrist time. I also think the the blue SMP300 is BADA__ but I guess that for me, blue isn't my favorite color for a watch. I wanted to respond your OMEGA FORUM post because I just joined and would like to up my posts, but WUS is a fantastic forum, so I responded here. GL with your decision. BTW I would look into an OMEGA purchase at Topper Fine Jewelers!!

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
To complement your current collection I would definitely go for the white dial!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've had black, chrome and blue dials (down to blue and black on rubber straps at the moment). My favourite is the black without doubt, although the blue probably goes best with my daily wear. The white is nice, but I had a white dial superocean and didn't really bond with it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts