WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has come up numerous times, however I wanted to make a quick note of how cheap and easy it was to get an adjustable clasp for my smpc. I’ve seen them online listed for $250, however the Omega Boutique at La Cantera in San Antonio, Tx had them in stock. I purchased the extended version, and it’s a perfect fit. $115 out the door. So before you buy one online for $250, call the boutique!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
$115.00 seems to be around the price I've seen them listed for. Sure you're not mistaking it with the deployant clasp for the rubber and leather straps?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I think the higher price reflects the need to purchase links and extra screws if your bracelet is not configured to accept just the new clasp.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Yeah I have always thought it was odd that the Botiques offer the lowest prices on Omega Parts compared to online, gray market dealers and ADs. Guessing there is little markup in the items so the latter is trying to make a few extra bucks.

When I priced out that same buckle with a few local ADs, I received prices $25-50 higher than the OB. Ebay listings were about $100 over sticker at the time.

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
Yeah I have always thought it was odd that the Botiques offer the lowest prices on Omega Parts compared to online, gray market dealers and ADs. Guessing there is little markup in the items so the latter is trying to make a few extra bucks.

When I priced out that same buckle with a few local ADs, I received prices $25-50 higher than the OB. Ebay listings were about $100 over sticker at the time.

This is right very little mark up. So a trusted AD or boutique are your best bet. I have tons of accessories (straps, clasps, deployants) and have always received great prices from my AD.

·
Registered
599 Posts
It depends on what watch you have. If you're putting it on a SMPc I believe it is the only part you need but that's not true for other models.

I'm no expert really as I don't have this clasp. I was researching the SMPc to maybe purchase and was looking into this upgrade though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch and the bracelet proved to be too exact in an airconditioned room but too tight outdoors. So I have changed to a strap but still wish to wear the bracelet assuming it can be modified. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The part number for the one I purchased is 0117stz001159. No additional parts were needed.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I, too, was pleasantly surprised when my OB here in LA quoted me only $111 + tax for the clasp, considering how I’ve been seeing them at around $160-200, sometimes more on WatchRecon.

I must admit though that the 6 adjustments are a bit overkill for what I need. The 3 adjustments probably would’ve worked for me just as well...not sure though if it’s shorter in length?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I have the Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch and the bracelet proved to be too exact in an airconditioned room but too tight outdoors. So I have changed to a strap but still wish to wear the bracelet assuming it can be modified. Thanks again.
Here are the options for the Speedy Pro:

117STZ001154 - 6 position adjustment
117STZ004666 - 3 position adjustment
117STZ001159 - 6 position adjustment with dive extension

You'll also need 2 of the 118ST1589 end links and the hardware to connect it all:

128ST0166 - Pin - 2 ea
124ST3307 - Screws - 4 ea

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
Quoted $110 from Omega last week for 117STZ001154 so I don’t get the prices being asked on recon or elsewhere. Buy direct from Omega.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts