·
Registered
200 Posts
Automatic :-!

I cant bring myself to pay over £1000 for a quartz watch

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
I love a automatic watch. I did own a SMP in quartz and I found it to be THE best quartz diver. Because of this, it is rare to find a watch that lends itself to both movements.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Automatic. |>

mike.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
automatic why go for a high end watch to buy a quartz I have a tissot quartz for that and use it for work only

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quartz.....I don't have a watch winder and my SMP is not a daily wear.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I prefer the 1120 powered SMP's and have a bond and electric blue. However I also picked up a nice 2264.50 recently to replace the 2254 I traded away :-(, and it's actually quite nice to have a quartz in the watchbox to just grab and wear :)
I'm in Oahu right now, escaping the last bit of winter, so here's a pic to share from the beach:-!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I prefer the 1120 powered SMP's and have a bond and electric blue. However I also picked up a nice 2264.50 recently to replace the 2254 I traded away :-(, and it's actually quite nice to have a quartz in the watchbox to just grab and wear :)
I'm in Oahu right now, escaping the last bit of winter, so here's a pic to share from the beach:-!

Automatic, and wow, I would give a kidney to be where you are right now:-!, It's a cold, damp, and very wet England tonight:-(

·
Registered
1,736 Posts

Nice photo! Do you mind letting me know the source of this strap? Feel free to PM me if you like. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Nice photo! Do you mind letting me know the source of this strap? Feel free to PM me if you like. Thanks!
Not to barge, but it looks just like an "S" series Maratac. I think I have one unworn I would be glad to send it to you Eric let me know I'll try to track it down if your interested ;-)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
It's not too hard to get used to the sun and surf here, that's for sure.b-)
The strap is a Maratac Zulu S-Stripe in grey as jbdan said. It's not a plain grey but a very nice tone of greenish grey.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Dratz Eric I've looked long and hard for that "S" series I can't find it.

It graced a SKX007 and I really liked the look even being a non nylon fan. I wore the watch maybe twice.

I'll keep looking though and I did email you about some other straps if your interested.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
An auto for me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have an automatic, what is yours? :-!
I just picked up a 2221.80 Quartz. I wanted to purchase a used one, and I didn't want to deal with maintenance/upkeep costs on an automatic. It's my first foray into high-end watches... so this will likely be my watch for only 2-4 years and then I'll feed into the addiction for bigger and better :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts