WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
I'm relatively new to the forum and I thought I'd do a review on my new watch. SMW Chronograph 7750. I'm in the military and I wanted something rugged but stylish. Also, I wanted with strong lume, swiss movement, water resistance at 30ATM, and rotating bezel. Also, being in the army, I wanted a robust watch that can take a beating. I was looking at Marathon CSAR but it was too pricy. It ranged from $1800-$2800 (well over my budget).

Then I ran into SMW Chronograph. EXACTLY same minus the thinner bezel, and the spring bar removal pin hole. It is $999 @ Amazon.com. This was a no brainer.

Here's the spec:
Movement: Valjoux 7750 Automatic Chronograph, 25 Jewels, 28,800 beats per hour
Case back: screwdown 316 L stainless steel
Water resistance up to 30 atm
Width: 47mm
Calendar: Day + Date
Lume: H3 Tritium

I ordered the watch on 02 Jun 14 and it came in via FedEx on 04 Jun 14.

Technology Electronic device Gadget Plastic

The watch came in a pelican box. Don't know how water proof this is, seems beefy.

Light Everyday carry Watch Automotive lighting Automotive fog light

As seen...

Watch Watch accessory Everyday carry Analog watch Fashion accessory

Comes with Milanese Mesh Strap, Booklet, Photocopy instruction of how to set Valjoux 7750 Mvmnt, Leather strap.

Paper
The leather doesn't seem very high quality and the instruction is just a cheap photocopy, but the watch it self is gorgeous. I inspected it for a while looking for flaws and defects. none.

Watch Fashion accessory Jewellery Metal Silver
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Watch itself.

The mesh bracelet and the clasp.

Wrist Fashion accessory Hand Jewellery Watch
Wrist Joint Arm Bracelet Hand
Wrist Watch Arm Fashion accessory Bracelet
Fashion accessory Jewellery Metal Silver Ring
Wrist shot and comparing the thickness to my 44mm Invicta 9937. The SMW's bezel is half the thickness of the Marathon CSAR, which I prefer. The CSAR is just ridiculously thick.

I haven't checked the accuracy of the watch yet. I've only had it for a few days. I have my faith in the Valjoux 7750.

I hope you enjoyed the brief review/unboxing with my low quality phone camera.

Thanks for your time,

·
Premium Member
10,602 Posts
Congratulations! Nice write-up too. Enjoy!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Appreciate the positive feedback.

Jcp311: it wears like a 46-47 mm from face, but the thing wears THICK from the side. I see myself in the mirror with my hand in the pocket and it's just another watch. I turn it side ways and BAM. I cant imagine wearing the thicker CSAR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts