WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't resist the obligatory PO shot in front of the obligatory mountain.

BTW- Found an Omega AD in the Narita airport shops. No POs, but every new Speedmaster. Speedy seems to be the hot watch there. A few Aqua Terres, but no Hour Vision. Prices seemed to be on par with high US (no discounts, either).

·
Registered
562 Posts
wow, what a cool shot!

at some point i need to make it to japan. i've been taking aikido for the past 3 years and its kind of unspoken required deal to make the trip. not to mention i'd love to see the scenery anyway.

very cool pic man!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Couldn't resist the obligatory PO shot in front of the obligatory mountain.

BTW- Found an Omega AD in the Narita airport shops. No POs, but every new Speedmaster. Speedy seems to be the hot watch there. A few Aqua Terres, but no Hour Vision. Prices seemed to be on par with high US (no discounts, either).
Funny how different countries have different desires. I just got back from Mexico. The only place I could find a Speedy Pro was in the Omega Boutique in the airport. Only PO's there and Connies

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Hey mrsnak.........................

Cool pic, surely not the only one taken. Show us the goods man! David

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks all,
Being that I have done some work with Photoshop, I wanted you all to know I actually did shoot this on location on the 20th. I took two shots to make a digital "double exposure" (and a teeny bit of retouch, but nothing on watch) to get the focus on both. It was lucky shot to get the watch looking so good.
Nikon D70 with a Sigma 18-50mm shot on program mode. It really was 7:55 AM when I took both shots.

Had a great time in Japan, only wish I knew as much Japanese as John Wilson. I'll post a couple more (non-watch **** ;-)) when I get more un-jetlagged).

There also were a few Seamasters at that shop, but no Bonds - basicallly only black bezel watches

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I go every year to visit 700-year-old Buddhist temple at the base of Mt Fuji in Shizuoka Prefecture. You can see the coast from this place. I'm not a professional photographer, but a decent hobbiest, and shoot a lot of pix for use in a magazine I help produce every month. Shot about 2.5 GB of pix in RAW format, so need to take the time to go through them. These were a few that, off the top, were pretty cool. It's the luck of the draw somethimes, and I'm not one of those who shoots a million shots of the same scene to make sure I got it right. One or two shots and that's it. Don't have the patience, either ;-). No Photoshop on those shots, either. I was lucky!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts