WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully you can snag one acadian and finally get that elusive red lcd (to then put in a square of course)
Yeah and since it’s a caseback hopefully it won’t be too expensive.
The display looks photoshopped on - hopefully it’s the actual red chromatic dotted dial

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
as far as collabs go theyve knocked this one out of the park! :-! great unique colourway, nice details and packaged like no other. would be a perfect addition to a collectors display :-! :-!
im not really a fan of the 5700 so my wallet is safe but i am happy to help out any f17er's keen on the deluxe edition.... if i can get my hands on them! (our aud is still in the toilet too so the forex is quite favourable for you usa guys)

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Hopefully you can snag one acadian and finally get that elusive red lcd (to then put in a square of course)
didnt they use a red lcd for the dw5600 globe collab?

edit: the article said theyre using the same one from the anniv. model and going by the pics it seems itll be a dotted origin gold style |>

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow ... stunning.

@acadian - I know you'll be getting one, to appear customised in a halloween themed Instagram post on 31st October alongside one of your [pumpkin carving] knives!

Reactions: acadian

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow ... stunning.

@acadian - I know you'll be getting one, to appear customised in a halloween themed Instagram post on 31st October alongside one of your [pumpkin carving] knives!
I will "try" to get one but I'm not holding my breath.

the good thing is that they are releasing the Sneaker Freaker version first, then a version with standard packaging vis their global retailers on November 8. I read somewhere about a retail price of $365. Hopefully that's Australian dollars.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The display reads "SF" for the day of week, presumably stands for Sneaker Freaker. Do you think they worked out a custom module to pull that off?

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I will "try" to get one but I'm not holding my breath.

the good thing is that they are releasing the Sneaker Freaker version first, then a version with standard packaging vis their global retailers on November 8. I read somewhere about a retail price of $365. Hopefully that's Australian dollars.
Knowing how much you like this red display, I can see you getting your paws on one eventually. After looking at pictures of this watch on the Sneaker Freaker website, I've grown to really like the colorway. I'm still on the fence for this display's legibility but I love the gray resin with the red layer on the inside.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Knowing how much you like this red display, I can see you getting your paws on one eventually. After looking at pictures of this watch on the Sneaker Freaker website, I've grown to really like the colorway. I'm still on the fence for this display's legibility but I love the gray resin with the red layer on the inside.
I was telling Tommy - I have so many mods in my head that it's spinning. LOL

I'm just bummed it's not a square because I also love that gray resin/red/back combo. The nice thing is that you prob won't need to replace the crystal if you just want to swap the resin.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts