WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

first post as I'm new in the watch world.

I just got a Seiko SNKL23 (K version). Online I noticed that on the back of the watch, the K version has written Malaysia few times, on the movement as well.

My doesn;t say Malaysia (nor Japan) anywhere, but on the back glass it says "made in china". Is there a way for me to check whether my watch is genuine or a Feiko?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Rob

·
Premium Member
7,554 Posts
Pictures, please

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
Seiko 5's aren't made in japan. designed in japan maybe, not manufactured there... not anymore. few Seikos are actually made in Japan these days. if at all?

·
Registered
36,311 Posts
It is real. Only the high end, expensive Seiko are actually made in Japan.

Even “J” models are merely made for the Japanese market in factories elsewhere in Asia, of parts from all over, as the OP has discovered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. All the non Japanese model I saw online had big Malaysia signs on the back but mine doesn't so I was a bit concerned...

Are there any signs that confirm it's original?

·
Registered
909 Posts
It's genuine unless you have reasonable doubt. And no, not having "Malaysia"/having "China" is not a reasonable doubt. Actually a great deal of SEIKO 5's are currently made in China. [email protected] mentioned this in one of his recent videos which features a 5 made in China.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
It's genuine unless you have reasonable doubt. And no, not having "Malaysia"/having "China" is not a reasonable doubt. Actually a great deal of SEIKO 5's are currently made in China. [email protected] mentioned this in one of his recent videos which features a 5 made in China.
I was about to post just this. Watch Marc's video on affordable watches under $100 and 40mm. The Malaysia thing is addressed. Your watch is legit. Many Seikos are made in China.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
71,532 Posts
Chances are that if it was pretend it wouldn't say "made in China" on it. There would probably be a little sticker "hand crafted by Japanese craftsmen"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys!

It is my first automatic watch (and hopefully first of many more to come) and I'm not experienced yet to discern fake from genuine.

Ciao!
Rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts