WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, WUS, first time poster long time lurker here!
I recently purchased a SNZG15K1 from creationwatches.

It's a beautiful and solid looking piece, but I've been having some serious issues with it. With a full wind, the watch will keep accurate time (+- 30 seconds) for 8-12 hours of wear while I am active. +- 30 isn't great but thats good enough for me. The problem comes after that 8-12 hours...the watch begins to lose time at a VERY high rate. I'm talking 10-15 minutes per hour!

Since the watch keeps time just fine when I'm consistently active, but loses time almost immediately once I sit down for any amount of time, it seems to me that the mechanism in the movement responsible for keeping a power reserve is broken or malfunctioning. Interestingly, I can leave the watch laying on it's back when I go to sleep and 8 hours later it will have only lost a minute or two, but when it's on my wrist and I'm not running around at work I see the major losses.

I know auto watches require a certain break-in period, but this issue seems much more serious and unrelated to that. I've made sure the watch is fully wound, tried different positions for storing it at night, even slapped the back of the watch while it's face down as per creationwatches' customer service suggestion. Nothing has worked for longer than 12 hours.

I'm pretty mad right now because I've had the watch for 5 days and have had these issues since day one. I'm looking at probably $50-70 to get it fixed, and even if creation allows me to send it back I need to pay for return shipping AND for the new one to be shipped to me. So no matter what I'm out a good amount of cash. Anyway, I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, etc.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
It sounds like something IS broken/malfunctioning.
Sorry to hear.
A defect is a defect: the seller must take it back/replace it. Usually, you have to send it back on your own dime, he will send the replacement on his. If he balks, then, well, you'll hafta figure out how best to get justice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts