WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The watch that I have been searching for everyday for 10 years finally appeared on ebay but the auction ended last week and I missed it....<|

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
That sucks Ed. Maybe another will come along down the road. BTW a lot of things seem to be pissing you off lately. aka the Timex. Enjoy life brother. Be happy:)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
It was a cheap Timex but i would have paid at least $100 for it. I'm not going to say what kind because I don't want to get others searching for it too.
Ha-ha. A cheap Timex?! Don't worry...:-d
I got my long searched for watch recently that few people go after, an Eterna Kontiki 1958. Wearing as I type this... fun little watch, interesting history.

Good luck with the search, sometimes the hunt is more fun than actually getting the thing...

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
You spent what? Everyday? for 10 years looking for a cheap Timex worth as much as $100?:-s
Wow! If this was two days ago. I would think you were putting us on with a April fools joke. And to add that, you won't tell us which watch because, we all might start looking, to get to the watch first? I hope you aren't trolling us Ed:-d
Just kidding. Good luck on that continued search Ed.:-!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Ed you seem to have a lot of problems when it comes to watches. Didn't you accidentally smash one with a hammer while trying to remove links or something:think:. Hmmmmmm?????????

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
You spent what? Everyday? for 10 years looking for a cheap Timex worth as much as $100?:-s
Wow! If this was two days ago. I would think you were putting us on with a April fools joke. And to add that, you won't tell us which watch because, we all might start looking, to get to the watch first? I hope you aren't trolling us Ed:-d
Just kidding. Good luck on that continued search Ed.:-!
ok not everyday, I was exaggerating but I have been wanting this watch for a long time. I just found someone on a different forum who has it and wants to sell it, I just emailed them so there is still hope.....

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The fun never ends! Hope you get your hands on one.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
It sounds like something you did during your childhood, and now try to put it right....

Do not worry, I am searching for a "special" watch too.
But I would never buy from Ebay, my search is more limited, just to Scandinavia.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
The only thing worse is finding it, knowing it is worth $200, being prepared to pay $400 for it for sentimental reasons, only to see two nut cases get into a bidding war and driving the price up to around $1000....

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
It was a cheap Timex but i would have paid at least $100 for it. I'm not going to say what kind because I don't want to get others searching for it too.
Or maybe tell us what what it is and someone will have an unloved one sitting in the bottom of their watch box and give it to you? It's a cheap Timex. Think of how unhappy you'd be if you saw a post about fun ways of destroying a cheap Timex. You know, trying to see if they really could survive being strapped to the propeller of an outboard motor or something. And there's the picture of the watch you've been looking for all these years...

Or just post in the WTB section...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Or maybe tell us what what it is and someone will have an unloved one sitting in the bottom of their watch box and give it to you? It's a cheap Timex. Think of how unhappy you'd be if you saw a post about fun ways of destroying a cheap Timex. You know, trying to see if they really could survive being strapped to the propeller of an outboard motor or something. And there's the picture of the watch you've been looking for all these years...

Or just post in the WTB section...
OK this is the watch

1 - 20 of 43 Posts