1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Notice something here?

Before:

After:

Just glanced at my wrist to get the time one day, and ^^^this is what I see! DOH! It won't rotate with shaking either, (not a good idea, anyway). No memorable "hit" or "drop" that I can think of.

Well, now I get to test out for all of us Countshop's warranty service. So far, so good. They don't respond to calls well, but were very fast on email. Watch is sent. Here we go...

·
Registered
678 Posts
Oau,that is not good. WTF happend there. I hardly wait for the response.

A friend of mine had a similar problem with an Sector,but that particulary model had an internal bezel (non moving one) and it had moved...

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Wow, that is really strange. I sure hope that doesn't happen to mine! I'm sure you could have brought it to a Hamilton AD for fixing - any watch maker can likely fix that.

Good luck with the repair.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
I find this hard to believe. How old is this watch? Are you sure this is an Authentic Hamilton?

·
Registered
262 Posts
In part, i'm not surprised. I had 2 separate pieces from 2 different sellers with defects. the 1st was winding stem, the second the dial was mis-aligned. there is another thread out there where Hamilton actually applied a 55 numeral in the 50 spot so the dial ended up with 2 - 55 numerals. Convince Me To Buy A Khaki Pilot

there are pegs fused to the back of the dial to keep it secure; my only thought is one broke loose and as a result the dial is off kilter. The thing that is strange is the the winding stem would prevent drastic movement (as such in the photo you have shown), so I assume that the stem somehow broke internally. I have dealt with Countshop before and have not had an issues. Please let us know how things progress. Sorry for your troubles and good luck, I hope this gets resolved quick and to your favor. These are nice pieces but the QA is really bad for some reason. ra

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
In part, i'm not surprised. I had 2 separate pieces from 2 different sellers with defects. the 1st was winding stem, the second the dial was mis-aligned. there is another thread out there where Hamilton actually applied a 55 numeral in the 50 spot so the dial ended up with 2 - 55 numerals. Convince Me To Buy A Khaki Pilot

there are pegs fused to the back of the dial to keep it secure; my only thought is one broke loose and as a result the dial is off kilter. The thing that is strange is the the winding stem would prevent drastic movement (as such in the photo you have shown), so I assume that the stem somehow broke internally. I have dealt with Countshop before and have not had an issues. Please let us know how things progress. Sorry for your troubles and good luck, I hope this gets resolved quick and to your favor. These are nice pieces but the QA is really bad for some reason. ra
Here is the STRANGEST part; the stem would turn the hands and the watch was keeping (crooked) time! I was thinking the whole movement moved, but then said, "that can't possibly be right", so I assumed it was a peg holding the face just like you said. I think it should be an ultra easy fix, but damn, it should never have happened. I dropped one of my Oris one time and it rattled some stuff lose. OK. One itme at a concert, another Oris big crown pulled out sticking my hand in and out of my jeans pocket. OK. But this... there was no "event". Just rockin' my watch the exact same way you are right now. Look down and like, "WTF?!???"

Another funny thing is this is my first "brand new" watch, and I actually had to remember it was under warranty, since I'm not used to it. I was going to take it to Jon Alexander in Louisville. (He did the work on my Oris.). But like I said, Countshop touted a one year warranty, and by golly, I'm gonna use it.

Like I said, Countshop has been stand up about it so far. Robert A, do you remember how long you work took?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I purchased a King Scuba earlier this year, the case tube (screw down crown) was jacked up and the crown was very difficult to engage and disengage. Since it was the last piece they had I opted for a partial refund knowing that my watch man could fix it. Countshop (a guy named Sunny) was in constant contact and I had the refund in 2 days after my initial contact. Now that I look at your piece again I know what the issue is. It's the dial only and it's likely the peg issue as I described. The day date wheel is a circular wheel that is secured at the top of the movement, the watch "has the appearance" that the movement is off kilter but I can assure you if the winding stem is in place then the movement is secure. Since this is new, I would think Countshop will not have an issue replacing it - if the issue was not cause by droppage or abuse. Nevertheless, if for some reason they deny you, take the watch to a good watch person as I am confident that this can be repaired. Do not wind the watch! if that peg is broke it is possble that it is floating around in the movement somewhere and could cause damage if wound. Good luck, let us know how you progress with it. Regards, ra

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Looks like the dial feet snapped off, most of them are just solder together.

Dont give up yet, you paid for the watch as well as the warranty so use it! Defects happens to patek to casio, now let's see how swatch group handle your case.

keep us posted and good luck!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Opened up the email this morning to good news;

"Dear [Famousname],

The package has been received. We will forward the watch to the service center. Please note that it can take up to 3 weeks to receive the watch back from the service center. We will inform you as soon as we have an update.
Regards,
- Jo (Countshop)"

So far, so good...

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
I saw this a while ago on a different forum.

Look at the hour hand. ?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wow! the lume is supposed to be on the inside of the hour hand not the outside tip. Hamilton is definately having many Q/A issues with this piece in particular; my personal experiences coupled with these posts really make me think there is a bigger issue here... did Hamilton subcontract these to someone??? Where there is smoke there is fire.... So, I took the liberty of calling Hamilton Corporate today to advise them that there is an issue with this model particularly. They advised that they were not aware of any issues but appreciated the heads up and will advise thier internal teams. I also advised them that they should spend more time and look at this site and other watch collector sites to stay "dialed in" (no pun intended) on issues. It could really help them manufacturing & marketing wise.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Looks like this will get taken care of and sorry to see you having such a problem.

I've owned this watch briefly and it was excellent for the price but it is strange how I've read about quite a few QC problems with this model in particular. If you look at one of the videos on YouTube, I think the person visited Hamilton and handled a Pilot there and it had two "55" markers on the dial.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Looks like this will get taken care of and sorry to see you having such a problem.

I've owned this watch briefly and it was excellent for the price but it is strange how I've read about quite a few QC problems with this model in particular. If you look at one of the videos on YouTube, I think the person visited Hamilton and handled a Pilot there and it had two "55" markers on the dial.
Yea, I saw that on one of the forums. The guy had a side by side pic of a good one and next to it was one that had a 55 at the 50 marker and 55 at the 55 marker.
Might of been this forum, can't remember.

Reactions: Gbkirsch

·
Registered
262 Posts
It was here in this forum. It was one of the prime examples I gave Hamilton (which I provided them the link to view)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
For those how have followed, it looks like the saga is coming to a close. Starting from the bottom.

Your watch has now been packed and the tracking number is525501478407, you can use that at www.fedex.com/tracking.

The watch has not been collected by FedEx yet so pleasecheck it in 24 hours.

Regards,
-Ricky

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 8:12 PM, Famousname>wrote:
YES!!!! Upon receipt, I’ll be flooding Watchuseek forum with good word of mouth thatCountShop is standup service!

Famousname

From: CountShop CustomerService [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:59 AM

To: Famousname
Subject: Re: Warranty work needed

Hi Famous,

Yourwatch has now been returned to us from the service centre and appears to be infull working condition. We will arrange for the return shipment now andnotify you of the tracking number within 2 3 business days.

Regards,
-Ricky

OnWed, Apr 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM, Famousnamewrote:
Thanksmuch!

From: CountShop CustomerService [mailto:sale[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:56 AM
To: Famousname

Subject: Re: Warranty work needed

Hi Famous,

The watch was sent to the service engineer and we have called them for an update. They inform us the have order spare parts to complete the repair and assoon as we have more information we will notify you immediately.

Please use either the eBay item number of 270817175420 or ID 5727 as reference tothis repair.

Thanksfor your patience, we will contact you again shortly.

Regards,
-Ricky

OnTue, Apr 17, 2012 at 9:40 PM, Famousnamewrote:
Hello. I wasjust writing to get an update on this repair and also to get a ticket number

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Thanks for the update, hope everything goes well. It's a great looking watch.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Glad to hear that this is working out.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Dear CountShop,
I received the watch yesterday. It came to me fully repaired and restoredto proper condition. I’d like to thank you for professional service from thepoint of purchase, right through to courteous customer support, communication,and follow through afterwards. I would recommend to anyone to deal with CountShopeither directly, or through Ebay, (as I did). The level of service, (from mypersonal experience), will be the same.

Highest regards,

That Kid, Famousname

*Please forgive the horrendous Linde Werdlin alien looking crap in the background.

Reactions: Perseus
1 - 19 of 19 Posts