WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I didn't destory the actual bracelet, just what holds the case and bracelet together.

Exhibit A:
001.jpg
I went to the watch repair shop in the centre and got it put back together. I got new pins, and he had to bend some links and the brackets to fit on. So the watch is assembled, just not very well, and one of the brackets doesn't even stay firmly against the surface on the back, it raises up slightly.

Though my primary concern is the rattle the watch makes whenever I do anything. It makes the watch seem really tacky. I know metal watches are meant to make a bit of noise, but I can actually hear it rattling as a walk, due to the vibrations and motion of simply walking and swinging my arm slowly.

The rattling is caused by a few things I think:
003.jpg
1 - The brackets arent as tight anymore and as I said aren't pressed down as firmly, with one sometimes raising up
2 - the new springbars leave a little room and are a tad thinner than the Seiko ones, again, resulting in more sound due to more space for metal to hit metal
3 - there is a lot of room between the bracket piece and first link after the lugs, which causes them to hit each other because they aren't as secure as other links.

So... given this information, would anyone be able to tell me how I could possibly reduce the noise the watch creates? I don't really want to get another strap / bracelet fitted as I quite like the original one. Is there some other way I could do it? any old tricks or adhesive products that I could use?

Thanks heaps in advance for any responses!

PS: Would anyone be able to tell me how to separate the bracelet and the case at the lugs? I'm not sure how to with these brackets.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Your best bet is to get a different bracelet, one with solid links. Those folded affairs always squeek and make a lot of noise - I'm no fan of them at all. Seiko loved them for a looong time - they still do in many regards. Amazing quality watches at unbelievable MSRPs... on awful bracelets.

To take it off without runing anything, you need a springbar tool - a small one. the forks go into that little triangle space you see in your last picture, top right lug. Have the forks grab the shoulder of the springbar (closest to the lug) and then lever in the opposite direction. You'll have the bar out of the lug hole, but the bracelet won't just pop off - you'll need to help iot a bit while holding the springbar in that position. A little tricky, but easy to get the hang of.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
I had a similar issue with my dagaz zero.

If you use basic bars and not fat Seiko ones, the bracelet will ride up and rattle because of a poor fit. Try Seiko bars before shelling out for a new bracelet. You've got nothing to lose since its always good to have spares anyway.

Sent Via Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts