WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... and I'm HOOKED! I couldn't be happier with this purchase! RGM and the gang was great to deal with. I did more research on this purchase than maybe any other purchase yet. It really opened another world of watchmaking besides Rolex, Tudor & JLC, which make up a large $$$ portion of my collection. It also took me down a spiral of other watchmakers such as Roger Smith, George Daniels & Philippe Dufuor. (I had limited knowledge of them prior to this purchase)

I'm hoping to one day have a tour of the factory, and I know the National Watch & Clock museum isn't too far from RGM.

Just wanted to share my experience with you guys, maybe American watch making can have a Renaissance! (If you can call it that LOL)

Jeffrey

Attachments

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Congrats. Thant is a beautiful watch. Is that a Hirsch strap? how do you like it? It really fits that watch perfectly.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is, good eye! Comes with a very nice RGM signed buckle! It's very comfortable!

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
Love the crown guards and crown. Nice watch

Reactions: jah

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nice! Is is serviceable in areas other than Pennsylvania?

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,685 Posts
That's a handsome RGM, Jeffrey. Looks like it's currently on a leather Hirsch Performance strap. Looks superb.

Congrats on your new pickup!

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Congrats on your new RGM. Beautiful watch from a great watchmaker.
Having met Mr Murphy, seen his work, and observe him at work - these watches are indeed something special. Great respect and love for RGM

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
That's super sharp, congrats!

I would also like to tour those two places.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all of the nice comments guys! I really appreciate it!

I'm already saving for my next RGM!

I'm not sure if it's serviceable anywhere else, but if it needs one I will have no problem sending it back to RGM!

·
Premium Member
8,941 Posts
Thanks for all of the nice comments guys! I really appreciate it!

I'm already saving for my next RGM!

I'm not sure if it's serviceable anywhere else, but if it needs one I will have no problem sending it back to RGM!
The 151 is using a 2892, IIRC. If so, then service shouldn't be a big problem. That said, I'd send it back to them too.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I believe you are correct! Either way, nothing too much to worry about! :)

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone! I'm hoping to add another soon, and possibly tour the factory!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Lovely watch. His use of the ETA2892 confirms that it's a great movement.
And RGM's in-house movements are an even greater treat for the eyes, I lust after an 801, all those bridges!

static1.squarespace.com.jpg

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd love to own the 801! An in-house movement from America, can't beat that!

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
OP, just curious, what actually made you pull the trigger on the RGM after all your research?

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Congratulations on acquiring a great timepiece. It looks great on your wrist. I have recently embarked on my own hunt for American made, and your happiness with the RGM is encouraging. I have the COE currently listed first on my grail list (or last, I suppose, if you rank it by realistic odds of acquisition in my lifetime), but I'm plenty happy to support any American company using an off-the-shelf movement.
Wear it in good health!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts