WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Basically I bought this $600 Rose Gold watch, and upon cleaning I discovered in the underside of the crystal glass theres a spec of gold-plating very small spec, and a small spec of lint perhaps, very small.(Both are underneath the glass, so they are floating and not on the dial itself, an LCD mix Analog dial.). They are visible as they are, as small little dots. I called up the retailers, they told me to send the watch back to them they will send me new ones; but now that I got it, I really love the watch. i'm really conflicted bedcause I dont feel bothered by it now, and I really cant part with it at the moment, but I'm not sure if I should be bothered by it?

What do you guys think?

It might be another week, before I get it if I send it back.

Are there any other options, perhaps, I can get someone to clean it for me sometime, another time, when I am servicing it.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
Send it back, now that you KNOW they are there, your eyes will be DRAWN to them.

That said, I don't really know the effect of dust if it gets into movement area. (if it is mechanical)

Reactions: CitizenM

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
If the retailer will replace it, I'd follow their advice.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I'm with Rico. After your "honeymoon" is over, it will start to bother you but by then it will be too late to do anything without paying someone to clean it.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
If it does not bother you "now" then don't send it back. But like all the other guys said, after that honeymoon period it's going to look like a huge chunk of poo on the crystal.

·
Registered
642 Posts
If you have to ask... it's bothering you.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really can't stand the wait and the process of sending it back though. You guys reckon that watch-smiths can open up the watch and clean it?

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
I really can't stand the wait and the process of sending it back though. You guys reckon that watch-smiths can open up the watch and clean it?

Most should be able to take care of it easily, but you'll technically void your warranty (assuming the manufacturer is aware it was opened).

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
it drives me nuts. I actually saw a spec of dust in the back of an unopened 8500 AT rotor not that long ago. But I suppose new movements have a few teething issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts