WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent in my wifes Rolex to be serviced and they called me back last week and informed me it was being shipped back, great! Well today I call them to get a tracking number and when I go to USPS.com to track it it says .No Item Found' so I call back Rolex and they insure me that's the correct number. I asked them what address they sent it to and they told me the wrong address! They said that is the address they have on file and I told them that is wrong. I asked them if the watch was insured and they said yes and when I asked for how much they told me for the value, well then I asked them for the value and they wouldn't tell me. I called USPS and they said it should take 3-5 days yet it has been 9 and they have no record of an item with that tracking number.

Rolex said they shipped it to the record on file but there is no way that is true as I sent them a letter when I shipped out the watch with the correct address.

Anyone ever deal with anything like this before? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
20,136 Posts
USPS should have info about the item if they have sent it, even if the address is wrong.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
USPS should have info about the item if they have sent it, even if the address is wrong.
When I called they said they hav no information with that item number. They said it may take a couple days to update the information but it has been more than 7 days already.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
USPS' system isn't the best in the world. A tracking number is generated and you're notified when the label is printed. Often, I've received the automated email and the package takes hours to show up in their system. Sometimes, it's the next day. But, I've never seen one take seven days to appear.

Tell Rolex that the ball is in their court - work your way up the chain.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Please tell me Rolex did not ship a watch via the USPS....

Just stupid.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Rolex ships the watches USPS registered mail, its fully insured, they will replace the watch with newer model if the watch has been discontinued.

as per having a wrong address on file, how did you pay for repair, was under warranty?

Did you ship it direct to Rolex without contacting them first?
:-s

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I deduce that someone believes he or she received a free gift--a Rolex! But I wouldn't sweat it--it's insured. Shame on the Rolex repairer for not using the address on your letter! They got into too much of a hurry! You would think that the incorrect recipient would have contacted the shipper by now. I think that you will be all right, though. If you don't receive the watch, you will receive the insurance payment and you can buy your wife another watch. This would also be the perfect time for her to look at some new Omegas!

·
Registered
215 Posts
USPS huh? Sigh. I had a package that was delivered today, and the tracking number never showed up on the USPS website until it was delivered. Not only that, the keyed lock box they left it in for me to pick up was left with the wrong key. My package is thirty feet away from my house yet inaccessable, because they cannot figure out what key goes where. Sigh. But some of the time they are efficient....at least I should hope.

From TX

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Please tell me Rolex did not ship a watch via the USPS....

Just stupid.
USPS registered is only way to pretty much insure valuables to be transported.

Fedex or UPS will NOT insure "items of extra ordinary value" like bond certificates, precious metals, jewelery, watches, etc.
(Of course, they will SELL you the insurance, but do read fine prints, the cap on the above items are VERY low)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Find out the address they shipped it to and contact that person. Something similar happened to me once. When I contacted the person the item had been shipped to they denied they had received it but when I told them mail fraud was a federal crime and I was going to the police they couldn't get my package quick enough.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Call Rolex and ask to speak to the manager of the facility-Get a name. Tell him the tracking number is not acknowledged by the USPS. Also give him 3 business days to get the watch to you or you will be making a claim with the Postal Inspector for the Rolex service Center area and the Postal Inspector for your area. Additionally get copies of your paid receipt, check or credit card for the service and any letters and documentation you sent with the watch. Finally politely demand (tell them your lawyer needs it) the address and name they sent the watch to. I would also demand the insurance company name and address used (stating you want to make an immediate claim based on theft for the amount you feel the watch is currently worth) and the name and address of the Rolex internal security group.

No watch in 3 days follow through with written complaints to both Postal Inspectors (Call Post Offices) and Rolex Security--Send letters certified mail return receipt requested and mark them as such at the top of the letter. Mention the calls and the names of those you spoke with. Send a claim letter also certified return receipt to the insurance company if known. Keep copies of everything and make notes dates times participants of all conversations.:p:p
They are either lying or incompetent and since the watch is lost why wouldn'[t Rolex make it easy for you to make an insurance claim.

Kenny G

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
^^^
he's business |>

hope you get the watch back

1 - 16 of 16 Posts